Snowy Day, Star Wars Day, Sh%t-Hole Places, Something Useful

Hey there all, I hope you are great today.  Start of the week, a lot of people are moving slow today, I understand that.  You could really tell that on how much work the guys did on blading the road where I live.  When I got out around 10 or so I do not think they had even touched it.  I had to shovel snow on my ramp and up to my van to make a little corridor for myself.  We did not get a whole lot of snow, maybe 2.5 inches or so but it is enough to make it hard on me if it is not cleaned off, so that is what I did.  Some people wonder why I do that, well if I don't do then I have no idea when it will get done.  Plus it gave me something to do.  My day was good today, I helped a friend of mine who had to drop her vehicle off at the transmission shop to get it looked at.  They said they would look at her van for free to see what the trouble is so that is good, hopefully it is not a whole lot.  Transmission stuff can get pricey fast.  So, let us get on with it.

Star Wars Day!  First off, Disney is already planning on Solo: A Star Wars Story being received with some hate and the movie not performing well at the box office.  This came out a few weeks after the backlash against The Last Jedi.  I do not think this movie will bomb, be a dud or anything like that.  I think this movie will do just as good as any other Star Wars movie.  Ok, so this may not make a billion dollars at the box office but it will still be a solid movie.  I am not as hyped for this as any other Star Wars movie that has come out, mostly because I thought there were better stories they could have told before this one.  I think you are in trouble when you start paying too much attention to that small part of the fan base that did not like The Last Jedi because overall The Last Jedi was a solid movie that does not deserve the hate some fanboys have given it.  Those people are upset because the movie was not made exactly how they wanted it to be told.  If they think they are so smart then why don't they go out and become a director.  Hopefully something like that will make these people step up.  Something else Star Wars that I just read; kind of why Lucasfilm, after it was bought by Disney, decided to scrap the Extended Universe.  It is a cool article.  As a Star Wars fan I was quick to forget anything I learned in the Extended Universe of comic books, novels and stuff like that and only focus on Star Wars Canon, which is basically what matters.  Here is the link; https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/lucasfilm-pretty-good-reason-scrapping-221757185.html


Even though most people can see him saying something like this it looks like it is not true.  A lot has been said about President Trump saying that he did not want people to come to this country from "sh@t-hole" countries.  As I said, most of us could see him using this term but he may not have said it like that.  As we should always do, look at the messenger, the person who told the world about this is a democrat and from Illinois.  He is not a fan of President Trump, his name is Dick Durbin, who has lied about what is said in closed door meetings before so this is not a surprise.  Plus, looking back, President Obama had used something similar to this before when talking about Libya in an interview.  I will link an article to this.  So I do not understand why the left are loosing their heads about this, probably just because they hate the president.  Find something else to worry about, we have way more serious issues to deal with right now.  Here is that article about President Obama; http://dailycaller.com/2018/01/12/flashback-that-time-obama-called-libya-a-st-show/

Here is something I stumbled upon and wanted to share it with my readers, there are some helpful websites here in this list.  Here it is; http://www.stumbleupon.com/su/2Rf5uY/:uToKlkOm:bgXXHvz+/www.buzzfeed.com/jessicaprobus/33-amazingly-useful-websites-you-never-knew-existed

Well, that is all for me tonight everyone.  I hope all of you have a fantastic night or day, take care!



















Comments

Popular Posts