Busy Day, Fun History Story, Really Cold

Hello everyone, I hope your day is going well.  My day has been pretty busy, I have been driving a friend of mine around today because her vehicle is in the shop.  It sounds like it might be a smaller problem as was thought.  Her vehicle was not able to downshift while she drove and it seems to be a problem with maybe the speed sensor or something like that.  Hopefully it is not much because I do not think she would be able to pay much, as I know that any car repairs can be really expensive.  Sometimes you have to figure if the repairs are necessary for the vehicle and if they are worth it because you will more than likely never get that money back.  I am not much of a fan of driving but I am trying to help a friend so it is not all bad.  Otherwise today has been alright.

So today is a history day!  As some of you know I am writing an historical alternate fiction about the Mongols.  The main reason why Genghis Khan had started conquering other nations was because of him sending some trade ministers to the Kwarizimian empire.  They were killed by the Kwarizim prince to send a message to this start up Mongol.  Genghis took this very personally and decided that he would visit great violence on those people.  He did this, even pouring molten silver down the ear of the prince.  That is a great message to give to others to always respect people, at least that is what I take from it.  Another Mongol legend I recently read about was Timurlane, or Timur which was his name, he was called lame because of an arrow that was shot in his leg when he was younger.  He always walked with a limp that is why you mostly only seen him on horseback.  He so destroyed everywhere he went that even in death he cursed whoever opened his tomb.  The day his tomb was opened was the same day as when Germany attacked the Soviet Union and the day he was put back in his tomb was the last day of the Battle of Stalingrad, the bloodiest war in history. 

All done for tonight, it is so cold here that I would rather be in bed.  Just so you know the temp here, it is 2 now, just above 0.  I really hope you all have a great night or day, take care!

Comments

Popular Posts