Boring Day, Cold Pain, Solo Needed?, Happy New Year, New Laws

Hey everyone, I am back.  It is so freezing here, I woke up and it was -9, that was at about 6 am, now at 5 pm it has warmed up to about 11.  It is supposed to be warmer this weekend in the 40's, that will feel tropical almost.  This weather is hell on my feet but I will get to that later.  My day has been pretty boring but I did do some cleaning in the kitchen and the bathroom.  Cleaning in the bathroom can be tough for me since I have such a small bathroom and I can barely turn my chair in there.  I cooked something for lunch but I did not get to cooking it till a little after lunch, it was chicken leg quarters and I cannot seem to figure out how to cook them in the oven right.  I remember awhile back I had cooked them in the oven at 400 for 20 minutes and they were done.  Now when I have cooked them lately they take a lot more than 20 minutes, sometimes I have to put the timer on an extra 10 and 8 minutes for them to get done.  I get so tired of that.  Oh well, I can figure it out.

Pain has not been too bad today but this cold can hurt me pretty good.  My feet are so cold and it causes a lot of pain, sometimes it has spiked up to a 10.  Otherwise I have pain in my right hip, hands and upper back.  I would call my level right now at an 8.5.  Hopefully it warms up soon. 

It is a Star Wars day so let me see what I can find to talk about.  Well first off, The Last Jedi has passed $1 billion at the global box office.  This is no surprise to me, almost any movie with Star Wars in the title is pretty much guaranteed to make $1 billion.  Now the one movie that I think might not make it is the next one, Star Wars: A Solo Story.  This movie has been through a lot of changes, early last summer the directors were fired and replaced with Ron Howard who I think is a very good director and I think he will do a good job with this movie.  We still have not seen any trailers for this movie but I imagine that it will make at least $700 million.  I thought there were much better stories to tell in the Star Wars universe than a story about Han Solo, not saying that I did not like this character but I thought there were more important things to do first.  I would have rather see a movie about Obi Wan-Kenobi, Yoda or Boba Fett.  No matter what I will go see this movie just because it is Star Wars.

So Happy New Years everyone, I hope 2018 is a great year for you all.  I am looking to better myself in this new year, I think it is more productive to strive to be better than be the best you because you can always improve on better.  It is more about the journey than it is the destination.  Better literally means; of superior quality, excellence.  So always look to get better at whatever it is you choose to do.

A lot of new laws will go into effect on this day.  One of the biggest is that California will now have legal recreational marijuana.  From some reports, people are lining up to purchase legal weed.  That must be nice, maybe one day it will be legal here in Missouri.  Quite a few states will also be raising their minimum wage this year.  Missouri is one state that will be raising theirs.  So look for that to happen sometime soon, not sure when exactly.

Well that is all for me tonight, I am going to just sit around and watch the College Football Playoff games.  I sincerely hope all of you have a wonderful day or night, take care!


Comments

Popular Posts