Painful Day, Marvel Stuff, Opioid Problems, Chiefs Trade, Word of the Day

Hello everyone, hope you are great today.  My day has gone fairly well, I am extremely sore today and in the morning I could barely move, when I did it hurt way over a 10.  It has been that way most all day.  I think I will be going to bed early, last night I was not able to fall asleep until about 1 and had a small bowel accident, which was no fun because I had already taken my night pills and one of those is Lexapro.  Lexapro is an antidepressant that acts in other ways like most of them, it also works on me as a muscle relaxer so that makes it very difficult to transfer, among other things.  So I am also really tired, I did try to get a nap but that was not to bed.  So I am going to get to it, hope you enjoy.

Marvel Day!  The big Marvel news is the upcoming Black Panther movie which comes out on February 16th.  I will be going to the 7pm premiere at the Forum 8, which is my favorite movie cinema in Columbia, mostly because they are more accessible and a little bit cheaper than the Hollywood 14.  There has been little news to come out of the early viewings or media viewing, this is one of the few times I wish I was part of the media.  Anyway, a few people have called this the best thing that the MCU has put forward, which is great news.  From everything I have seen or read about this movie tells me it is going to be huge.  I cannot wait for it.  Of course other big Marvel news, as mostly I talk about the movies side of Marvel, is the culmination event of Infinity War.  I think this will blow everything else out of the water.  The highest grossing movie of all time was Avatar at $2,787,965,087 and I think Infinity War will make short work of that, maybe reaching that total before the 8 weeks are up.  8 weeks is the normal run of a movie in most theaters, even though that run can go longer depending on how much people want to watch it.  I guess that is my big prediction, along with a $215 million opening weekend.  Cannot wait for it.

Here is a story I ran across on my cell today, when I first seen the headline I immediatly thought, how could this happen.  The title is; "Drug distributors shipped 20M pain pills to town of 3,000 people in West Virginia".  And that thought was before I read anything in the article, I mean, come on people, this is why we have an opioid problem, not from people such as myself that really need this medicine.  So after reading part of the article, this was over a 10 year period.  Somebody really fell down on the job with this and this is not an isolated case in West Virginia.  These are the people that the government needs to go after, not the patients.  That is what I have been saying for years because the pills have to be manufactured somewhere and them sending that many pills to small towns is ridiculous.  The bosses of these pharmicutical companies needs to be punished and punished hard for this.  I think they should be fired and not given any pay.

So, my Kansas City Chiefs have finally done it and traded Alex Smith.  I figured this was going to happen because the team spent so much to draft Patrick Mahommes II in last years draft, he is now going to be the starter.  We ended up getting a 3rd round pick, 6th round pick and cornerback Kendall Fuller so I think they did really well.  A trade is never a win-win deal but this sounds like a good deal for both parties.  I am just surprised because the Redskins had a really good quarterback in Kirk Cousins but from what I have heard he did not want to sign long term in Washington.  Now I wonder where he will go, I have heard people say that the Browns should throw a lot of money his way to have him go to Cleveland but that will be a hard sell.  The start of the new league year is March 14th, we will learn a lot more then. 

I am going to add something new to my blog, a word of the day.  I will pick a word that is not used much in everyday speech.  Just something I thought would be fun, try to use it in conversation today.  Try to use lascivious.  

That is all for me tonight, I hope all of you have a great night or day, take care!





 















Comments

Popular Posts