Normal Day, Bada@$ Story, AMN Stuff, Stuff I Do Not Want To Talk About, Super Bowl Odds, Flu Clue

Hi there everybody, hope things are going well for you today.  My day has been alright but there was a little problem at the pharmacy earlier today.  I take certain maintenance drugs, which are ones you take everyday and will not be stopping anytime soon, and the pharmacy was almost out of one that I take.  It is my desemopressin, the drug that helps me not have to get up every hour of the night to use the restroom, it was a Godsend when I first started taking it about 4 years ago.  The reason why they are short on them until Tuesday is because there was a backlog order for them, meaning that one store somewhere else needed a whole bunch more than normal and they decided to take them from my Walmart, typical for me.  All they had were 6 and I have to make them last for four nights, I can do this.  I also figured out why I am getting so tired in the evening, it is my oxy that is causing it.  For some reason it makes me sleepy when I take one after the sun has gone down.  It only happens around the evening time but I am going to test it tomorrow, take one at 4 pm while the sun is still up and not take one anytime after and see what happens.  I like doing these little experiments on myself, don't worry I am a quasi-professional.  There is something that I am going to devote another paragraph about myself but it is one of my conditions, so I hope you like, but first I need to get to a great little history story.

I am going to tell a little bit of a history story and if you want more then you can look that up, that is what Google is for.  It is a story about one of the biggest bada@%es to ever live named Billy Bishop, he fought in WWI, which qualifies him for that title but he was also a pilot and you get even bigger points for that.  I would never get off the ground in those things they called planes back then.  I have heard people say that you had to be half mad to get in a plane in those days and even crazier if you were going to be dogfighting other crazy-minded people.  Some of those people were Air Force personnel and I consider them to be experts in the field.  I mean, back then those planes were made out of whatever you had lying around basically and safety was not an issue for them.  Today if you are hit or something you can always eject out of the plane and make it safely back to Earth, when you got hit in a WWI plane your best bet was to land in a bunch of trees to deaden your fall.  During the war the average life span of a man in a plane was as short as 11 days, that is crazy, and now you break down when your internet is out, these men were just from a different ilk.  I should also mention that this man was from Canada and was pulled from the war after earning some of the highest marks because they did not want their big war hero to die over there.  He is really interesting and I think there should be a movie made about him, maybe they have already but I think they should make another.  Very fascinating.

A lot of you know that I now have a new endocrinologist and her name is Dr. Harbuz-Miller, who is a fellow at the University of Missouri Hospital and her boss also comes in to see me, his name is Dr. Gardner.  Both are great and Dr. Harbuz-Miller is very attractive.  But anyway, back to the point.  One of my conditions I was diagnosed with at age 9 is AMN or adrenomyeloneuropathy, it is an extremely rare conditon and I certainly do have it.  Dr. Gardner seems to think that the reason why I am in the chair is because of AMN.  He does agree with other doctors that it was GBS or Gullian-Barre Syndrome.  What happened on that day in July of 2004 is that I woke up and couldn't feel my feet and ended up a few days later being paralyzed from my toes to my eyes for almost 12 weeks.  That part was GBS but most people that come down with GBS recover fully and only needing the chair for rehab, so why am I still in a chair?  He thinks, like me and my mother thought a long time ago, that it has to do with AMN.  He wants me to see a neurologist that is familiar with AMN, which is hard to find, but I do know of a couple of them that are located at Kennedy Krieger Institute in Baltimore Maryland and one that is located at the Mayo Clinic.  So it looks like he will be sending me around to some other places to look at me and hopefully figure some things out.  I am fine with that, being poked and prodded, as long as they find answers that ultimately help me or other people with the disease.  As always, I will keep you all posted about this.

I have not and will not talk about that monster, the Olympics coach.  One thing I will talk about referring to that case is that the Wall Street Journal reported that the United States Olympic Committee new that a top doctor was abusing young girls but did nothing with that information.  Somebody really dropped the ball on this one and I hope heads roll.  That is all I will say in regard to this unless anyone wants to comment.

So the Super Bowl is coming up in a few days and people have been asking me what my picks are.  It is extremely hard to bet against Tom Brady but saying that means that if you do and you win then you are in for a big payday.  Right now New England is a 5 point favorite to win, I think that is a pretty fair bet.  If I was a betting man I would go with the Patriots and my only reasoning behind this is that they have possibly the greatest quarterback to ever play the game.  Also, New England just has a better coach, coaching staff, they know how to prepare for this game and the Eagles don't and the Patriots have Gronk, that man is a match-up nightmare.  Las Vegas is calling the point spread to be 48 and I think that is about right because I am calling the Pats to win 28-20.  All I hope is that it is a great game.

Also, one thing to look for with this new flu going around is a small rash around the elbows.  Stay safe out there.

Well, that is all for tonight.  I hope every one of you has a great night or day, take care!


























Comments

Popular Posts