Extremely Painful Day, Anglo-Zanzibar War, Superhero Movie Facts, Disgusting and Sad Article

Hello my friends, I hope you all are doing great today.  I am not, mostly because I am extremely sore today.  I am still having a lot of trouble standing up, I am not able to get my legs locked out to support my weight better.  Don't worry but I did fall today, I was getting out of the van and got my chair transferred out and then my legs just gave out.  It was good timing I guess because my downstairs neighbor came home at that same time so he helped me up.  Before I fell down I did make it to the gym but I did not do much there because my left shoulder was killing me as well as my right hip.  That is the problem, my right hip, it feels like someone has a hot knife in my hip around that main joint there and is twisting it every time I go to stand up.  Even while sitting it is still causing a little pain.  I am going to try to contact my hip doc tomorrow and let him know these most recent developments.  No matter what, I am a survivor!

Since it's Tuesday, that means History Day!  I will tell a bit of a history story and if you want more info on that then you can either message me or just look it up yourselves.  Today I am going to talk about the shortest war in recorded history between the British and the Sultanate of  Zanzibar, called the Anglo-Zanzibar War.  It was fought in the late summer 1896 in eastern Africa.  The death of a pro-British sultan was the main cause for the war, some other man wanted to now be Sultan and his name was Khalid.  The British did not like this since Khalid was not favorable to them, plus there was a treaty signed in 1866 that anyone who was to became Sultan needed the backing of the British, since they were pretty powerful in this region.  The British did the only thing they were famous for, send in an ultimatum for Khalid to step down, if they did not comply with that then something not nice was about to commence.  At 9:02 am, the morning of August 27th, the British opened fire and destroyed what little artillery Khalids men had.  There also was some action on the ocean when a British gunship opened up on a Zanzibari ship.  This whole action took less than 40 minutes at 38 minutes.  The moral of the story?  Britain has a much larger navy so always abide by their demands. 

Here is a little fun fact, with all this news about a comic book movie getting awards.  None of the movies last year would be the first to receive any awards, that goes to Road to Perdition.  Road to Perdition had six little man awards given, that is a mark that will stand for a little while.  I thought Logan should have gotten some looks though this time around.  Just wanted to throw that in there.

I just read a disgusting and sad article about a teen in Texas that reported that 3 black men had kidnapped and raped her.  It is disgusting that she was not kidnapped and raped but sad because this young woman is basically crying out for help.  No suspects were named so the lives of no men were ruined in this.  This article is like others I have seen about a woman crying rape and naming a suspect to come out years later and say that he didn't do it and that she made it all up.  This happens all the time and it will ruin a mans life, even if he did not do anything.  All it takes now a days is an accusation of a man doing something like that to a woman and for he to say he did do that for that mans life to be ruined.  Like I have said many times before, people in this country are innocent until proven guilty but anymore people are being judged by the masses before it even goes to court.  I am not saying that I am perfect with this, when the O.J. thing came out in the early 90's it seemed that everyone already had a decision before the white van stopped.  Just remember, innocent until proven guilty.  Now this article was done by Huffpost so take it what you will, here it is; https://www.yahoo.com/news/no-jail-texas-teen-lied-202854635.html

Well, that is all for me tonight, I am really tired.  I hope you all have a wonderful night or day, take care!
















Comments

Popular Posts