Good Day, Local Stuff, Venom Teaser, Deadpool 2 Cable Trailer, Amazon Taking Over, Confabulate

Hello all, hope it is going great!  My day has been good, nothing special but good.  I did make it to the gym today and had a good short workout.  Think I pulled something in my left shoulder so I wanted to stay away from pushing any weight above my head, so that did put a krimp on quite a few things like triceps press or most any shoulder workout.  I do not need to work much on my triceps anyway and shoulders are not a big workout for me.  I have been doing a row machine a lot lately since I am always pushing the wheelchair forward so I wanted to be able to do something where I pull weight back, plus it is good for the back.  So that was good, then I came home and did not do too much really.  So, let me get to the good stuff.

Today is a day where I talk about local stuff here in Columbia, Missouri or at least Missouri.  I am glad that police got their man in Enoch Peters, who was going around town knocking on doors asking women for sex, sometimes in nasty ways.  Not sure what drove the man to do this but I am happy that the police nabbed him before he could have done some damage to a woman.  Not sure if he was on some drugs or just very straight forward, maybe a little bit of both, but things like this are more serious than a lot will give them credit for.  All I am going to say about him is I hope he gets the help he needs, it sounds like there is something wrong there.  Here is a link to the article if you would want to read it; http://www.abc17news.com/news/columbia-police-arrest-man-accused-of-asking-women-for-sexual-favors/698716993

I may have talked about this before but I think it bears repeating.  The city of Columbia with its bike peddling mayor wants to spend more money on parks and bike trails instead of where the money should be spent on things such as hiring more police officers and better training.  The name of the mayor here is Bryan Treece, I do not have anything against the guy, he seems to have done an alright job mostly but I think there are a few things he could be doing better for the citizens of this growing city.  Columbia has been steadily gaining new residents since 1990, which is the chart I have been looking at.  One of the bigger things that draws people here is the University of Missouri-Columbia, Stephens College and Columbia College.  One thing Columbia needs more of, in my humble opinion, is places to work like factories or warehouse jobs.  It seems that as we are growing there are many tech jobs or jobs where you need a college degree and I think that is well and good but I think we could use, what are referred to as, low skilled jobs.  Another thing that comes along with a growing population is more crime and because of this I think we do need more police in the city.  Last year, I am not sure exactly this happened, but $1 million was found in one of the cities budgets and the mayor, who I said before likes to ride a bike, wanted to spend the money on another park or bike trails.  I have some other problems with the bike trails but I will get into that at another time but we have plenty of parks, some really beautiful ones also, but that money could have helped to hire more police or give them some more training.  I just think his priorities are off a little on this.  Think of it what you will.

Some more nerd news, Venom dropped its first teaser on us, very unexpected but welcome.  And then I watched it and was probably the biggest let down since X-Men: Apocalypse.  You could tell that the special effects were not even close to done.  We did not even get a glimpse of Venom.  One of the only set pieces I thought were really relevant were of Tom Hardy in a hospital bed freaking out.  It looks like that Sony is going by a story in the comics that is not directly linked to Spider-man, which is alright in my opinion.  Going to be interesting to see what comes of this.  I am trying to stay optimistic about this movie.  Here is the teaser; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_rQ9JD8MgI

Also yesterday I forgot to mention anything about the Deadpool 2 trailer.  In this trailer it introduces Cable, basically a time traveling a@* kicker.  It is extremely funny and I would suggest checking it out.  I love the little things in the trailer like when Deadpool takes a shot at Warner Bros. for how they mishandled the whole mustache thing.  For those of you who do not know, when the Justice League had to do reshoots, Henry Cavill had a mustache for another movie and they had to CGI it out of the movie since Superman does not have a mustache.  Needless to say, they totally screwed up and it looked way worse and random people have done a better job with software that costs nothing basically, so Warner Bros. wasted all that money for horrible stuff.  Anyway, here is the trailer for that; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3b93cua0LtE

It looks like Amazon, which is taking over everything, is now trying to take over grocery shopping.  It is running a test in four cities of Austin, Cincinnati, Dallas and Virginia Beach of grocery shopping and delivery for its Prime customers.  Meaning you can get anything that your Whole Foods grocery store has in stock.  This is pretty big and I really wish we had a Whole Foods in Columbia, maybe someday soon.  Watch out, Amazon is on the move.  Here is the article; https://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/news/2018/02/07/amazon-launches-whole-foods-deliveries-four-cities/318337002/

Word of the day is, I finally remembered, confabulate.  Use it however you see fit.

Well, that is all for me tonight.  I really hope all of you have a great night or day, take care!


























Comments

Popular Posts