Happy Singles Awareness Day!, Black Panther Stuff, Ignorant People in My Opinion

Hello everyone, Happy Singles Awareness Day!  At least that is what I celebrate since I don't have a significant other.  Gotta find what makes you happy, you know.  Anyway, my day was alright, I went and looked at an apartment that I really liked but the bathroom door was only 24 inches and I need at least 32 for the chair.  Oh well, more looking for me.  At least it was nice today, we topped out at 60 today, tomorrow is supposed to be nicer and then Friday it's back down in the 30's.  Typical Missouri weather.  So, let me get to it.

Happy Marvel Day everyone!  So, pretty much the only news coming out of Marvel, at least movie wise, is Black Panther.  And that is to be expected since it premieres tomorrow night in the United States, I am going to watch it tomorrow night and will have a review ready and of course there will not be any spoilers.  I am not sure the company that does the projections for these movies but this one I have seen is all over the place.  When tracking first came out the take was supposed to be $96 million for opening weekend, now it is saying up to $200 million.  Where there that many advanced ticket sales or what?  I do not care as much about the money aspect since I will not profit from this but I am excited to see the movie and what it sets up for Infinity War, since this is the last movie before that one.  I imagine there will be a post credit scene with Thanos in it, doing something horrible.  I am going into this movie like I do every movie I watch, with no expectations except for a good time.  That is what people do sometimes, you really want one thing to happen and when that does not happen you think the movie is horrible, don't do that!  Just go see the movie and form your own opinions on it after that.  So if you did watch the movie, I would like to talk to you about it.

I would like to talk about a controversial subject, ignorant people.  For black history month the Boston Police Department had honored Red Auerbach.  Now I have not read a lot of things about this and I had noticed that the Boston Police Department has taken down the tweet but I still want to put my two cents in.  Red Auerbach was a legend, a coach that won 9 NBA titles with the Boston Celtics and named Bill Russell to be the player-coach for that said team.  For those that do not know, Bill Russell is a black American and has 11 NBA titles.  So the history of Red Auerbach is directly tied to Bill Russell and he did this in 1966, a time when America was still segregated to a point so I view the naming of Russell to be the player-coach to be a huge moment in black history and black history month.  In my opinion, I do not think the Boston PD did anything wrong but they are still getting raked over the coals for this by ignorant people.  Another very ignorant person I would like to mention is Dan Arel, who is apparently a "journalist" and he hates this country.  This is what he said and I will link the tweet below along with the responses because they are pretty good.  I hope Dan is having a horrible day today honestly.  Anyway, here are his words, "I am not pro-DPRK because I am not pro-state run governments, however, I also don't claim any moral superiority over the DPRK or it's citizens because by contrast, how is the US better?"  Then he goes on to say, "We destroyed NK, oppress them still, and also abuse\oppress our own citizens."  Now if that is not the dumbest load of crap I have ever read then I am not a real person.  First off, in his first sentence he gets a basic fact wrong we all learn in government class, that all governments are state run.  I guess what he means is that North Korea is state run because the government controls everything.  But that was a really stupid sentence, I think I lost a few brain cells reading it a few times.  But here, I will let you all just judge for yourselves how much of an as@hat this guy is.  https://www.trendsmap.com/twitter/tweet/963491838928633856

Well, that is it for tonight.  I really hope all of you have a great night or day, take care!

Comments

Popular Posts