Slow Day, Local Senate Race, Wal-Mart Merger

Hey everybody, hope things are going well.  So my day, it has been ok, mostly took the day off from doing a lot.  I did do a little packing and finding stuff to throw away but I have tried to take it easy today.  It looks as if I will be moving next week to the new apartment, since I do not have the money right now and I have to be able to pay to get the keys.  Oh well, I can survive living here for a little bit longer I think.  Just cannot wait to move.  I thought that I did not have the space for one chair in the living room so I sold one today.  It was crazy, I put it up for sale on a few different groups on Facebook and I had 30 people interested in the chair in about 15 minutes.  Technology can be great at times.  Well, let me get into the stuff for today.

It's a local day so I will find something local to talk about.  Well, I honestly could not find anything good to talk about for local stuff within the news so I will just talk about some other local stuff, and local here means Missouri also.  Coming up soon we have to vote for our senate representative in Washington D.C. and that is between democrat Claire McCaskill and republican Josh Hawley.  As some of you have already guessed, I lean more republican than democrat and I do agree with conservatives a lot more than liberals.  But I will say that in this race for the senate seat in Missouri I would lean more towards the democrat because I think Claire McCaskill is doing more to show that she stands with the people of Missouri on a lot of issues.  I know the republicans will bring up a lot about what she has voted on in the past but the one damning thing about Hawley will likely shut down female voters for his campaign.  I will not go into full detail but I will share the article that I found this story at, I heard about this on the radio a little while ago and I think this could sink his chances, plus I think Hawley leads by the Bible more than some do.  Anyway, here is the article; https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/onpolitics/2018/02/05/if-hawley-doesnt-gear-up-and-get-hell-not-beat-her/308882002/

We all knew they were wanting to take over most everything and it seems to be starting now.  Wal-Mart, the happiest place in the world, is now trying to buy Humana, which is a huge medical insurer.  In the past 20 years we have seen Wal-Mart get into the grocery game, the banking game( although that is going a little slow) and now the medical insurance field.  In recent years we have seen the two biggest retail behemoths go at it, Wal-Mart and Amazon.  Of course the best question is, will this be good for the consumer?  The answer to that is never as cut and dry as it should be.  Wal-Mart getting into the medical insurance field is a little tricky.  I for one have a Humana prescription insurance plan and I already go to Wal-Mart for my prescriptions.  I picked that Medicare Part D because it had a special relationship already with the retail giant.  So I am just wondering how this is going to affect me going forward, guess I will need to pay a closer eye to these developments.  Let you know what I find out.

Well, that is it for me tonight.  I really hope you all have a wonderful night or day, take care!


 










Comments

Popular Posts