Good Day, Dog of War, Internet Dad Not Happy

Hey there everyone, hope you are good today.  So my day has been good, got quite a lot done today.  I went and looked at an apartment in Columbia that is only for people with developmental disabilities, which would be perfect for me.  I filled out the paperwork to be put on the list so I hope I can get that call sometime soon but it might be awhile.  I had a good workout today and my shoulder did feel a lot better, so that is good.  Also did not do anything to bother it too much.  I will go on and get into it.

It is a history day.  I would like to talk about one of my favorite generals of all time, Subutai.  Subutai was a Mongol general during the time of Genghis Khan and still served after the great Khan died to his son Ogedai.  He is now referred by some as the Dog of War, but I am sure never to his face.  This general is so famous and noteworthy that if you type in "mongol general" into Google his name is the first thing that pops up.  He is responsible for the Mongols starting to enter into the new land of Europe, which was fresh for the taking.  The legend of this man is great across the whole world, it is said that he had conquered more than 30 nations and ran over more territory than any other know general or commander in the history of this world.  It has been said that he won two battles that were more than 2 days away from each other against Hungary and Poland.  He was the scourge that Christian men and women would shake from, if they ever heard his name.  If he was not called back to the Mongol homelands when Genghis Khan's son died then he may have overtaken Europe and things would be a lot different.  I think it is safe to say that I might write an alternate history of this great man someday.  You know how you always hear military historians saying that you never invade Russia in the winter?  He is the exception to that rule and a lot of others, because he successfully did invade Russian lands and won.  So, if you would like to read more about this man, here is a good place to start; http://www.camrea.org/2016/10/24/subutai-dog-of-war-sophisticated-military-strategist-behind-genghis-khans-conquering-empire-part-i/

There is another dissapointed dad out there today, Tim Berners-Lee.  If you do not know who that is, he is the man responsible for allowing you to read this right now, he invented the World Wide Web and he is a hero to all.  Today is the 29th birthday of the WWW and Berners-Lee came out to talk about it.  He thinks that the internet has gone down a bad road, saying that big companies are stifling innovation of the internet.  I will add the article for all of you to read and see what you think; https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-03-12/internet-inventor-warns-regulate-tech-firms-now-or-risk-weaponized-web

Well, that is all for me tonight.  I really hope all of you have a very good day or night, take care!












Comments

Popular Posts