Bad Shoulder, Misconceptions, GBS Survivor

Hey there everyone, hope this finds you well.  My day was ok, just in a lot of pain today.  My left shoulder has been killing me today, it is hard to do normal things like putting on a shirt and pushing the chair.  So I guess that is a good thing that my van is in the shop, having a little trouble with the alternator.  I might not get it until tomorrow afternoon.  I am skipping the gym for the rest of the week, I might go this weekend though, depending on how my shoulder feels of course.  I did make a doctor appointment with my primary care team that is next Tuesday.  The pain is definitely way more muscle than anything else.  Before there was a little bone pain but that has gone away now.  But enough about me, let me start away.

It's a history day!  I am sure a lot of you have heard of certain historical misconceptions before.  Some of the more popular ones are; Napoleon was short, he was actually the average height at the time at 5 foot 7 inches or that the Vikings wore horned helmets, which they did not because it would be stupid to go into battle with a helmet that someone could grab you by.  Another one I really do not like and is still falsely claimed to this day is that the Pilgrims, which they called themselves Saints, did not wear a buckle on their hats because if they had any extra material it would go toward building homes or whatever was necessary for those times.  One of the older ones is that the Great Pyramids of Giza were built by slaves.  This was proven untrue and it was built by people that either were craftsmen, were there working to pay off taxes or simple laborers.  Another big one I do not like is that Emperor Nero fiddled while Rome burned.  This one is so lazy because the fiddle would not be invented until the 10th century and Nero ruled Rome between the years of 54-68.  This seemed to have been started a little later as it was assumed that Nero started the fire, he was not even in Rome when the fire happened.  The Emperor blamed, the most blamed people of the time, the Christians for starting the blaze.  More than likely it was not them either but Nero really did not like the Christian people much and regularly threw them to the lions in the Colosseum.  It was one of those fires that we will probably never know how it started or if any person did start it.  But please stop with these misconceptions before I call them outright lies.

One of my medical conditions I have is Gullian-Barre Syndrome or GBS for short.  I recently read a short article and watched a short video about a 21 year old woman that contracted it when the docs all thought she just had something simple like tonsillitis.  I will attach the article with the video at the end so you can see what is said.  She is about to take some steps unassisted, which is great, she seems to be fully recovering from the effects of GBS.  She said this was possible because of the people around her, and that does help a lot but what means more is the hard work you put in everyday by yourself.  Now I have not recovered fully from GBS like most people that come down with this, that is because of several factors, I am just a different medical case, that is what my docs all tell me.  I do wish her well and hope she gets everything she wants though.  But I will let you make up your own minds about this, here is the article; https://www.yahoo.com/news/21-old-girl-fights-her-180155332.html

Well, that is all for me tonight.  I hope you all have a wonderful day or night, take care!
















Comments

Popular Posts