Alright Day, Lucasfilm Directions, China Not As Happy With Black Panther

Hey there everyone, hope you are great!  My day has been alright, I did quite a lot today really.  I had a lot of calls to make and got those done this morning.  At least the sun did come out today after 1 or so, it was good to see that.  It had gotten up to about 50 today, that was nice.  They are saying that it is supposed to get up to 60 by Thursday, but "they" are not always right.  Hopefully they are in this case.  I did call my doctor today about my left shoulder and I was told that if it hurts in 3 days to give a call back.  Not really sure if it will be hurting much soon, it is feeling a lot better.  Now, let me get into it.

Star Wars Day!  As of late there seems to be a lot of rumblings at Lucasfilm, what with Rebels all done and Solo to come, what is going to be the direction of the franchise after Episode IX?  I am sure that they have talked about this subject many times and know mostly how things are to proceed, just wish we had some inkling of what it is.  I just read a nice article on Wired that talks a lot about what might be coming in the galaxy far, far away.  One thing I am interested in is the new character that was introduced at the end of Rebels, Jacen Syndulla, the son of Hera Syndulla and Kannan Jarrus.  From what I have picked up, Lucasfilm execs are really interested when a new character is unleashed because there could be spin-offs for that character.  Going to be interesting to see what happens.  Here is that article; https://www.wired.com/story/cantina-talk-55/

Recently Black Panther, which is doing great, money wise, was released over in China.  Some people over there are not taking to the movie as much in most countries, that is because some people polled in China said it was too black, that there were too many black actors in it.  I do not know what the left thinks of this finding but I am sure it is disgusted with them saying that.  But I am sure they will not try to call Chinese people racist, as they would do if a white man said that in this country.  In just under a month this movie has made $1 billion dollars, it has been reported.  I will include the article I read this, which is not the only place I have seen this talked about, and you can form your own opinion; https://www.cinemablend.com/news/2386111/black-panther-isnt-going-over-quite-as-well-with-viewers-in-china

Well guys, that is it for me tonight.  I hope all of you have a great day or night, take care!












Comments

Popular Posts