Lost Time, Local Troubles, New Conspiracy Theory

Hello all, I hope you are well today.  Anyway, I am going to start this post off with a personal note, I will be taking a day off this coming weekend.  I'm not sick or anything, just taking an evening for working on my book or one of my short stories.  So, just a heads up there.  Anyway, my day has been alright, even though i kept losing track of time.  I am usually real good with time management, guess I am slipping up in my old age.  Not really, just need to start paying more attention.  That is hard to do when you are broke all the time but hopefully things are going to start looking up for me in that department.  Also this weekend, I will probably be starting my new blog, it will focus on history.  I will do like I do here where I tell little stories from history or have some strange history trivia facts or something like that.  Still have not got it totally figured out but I do this blog off the top of my head so I think I am pretty good at thinking on my wheels.  Get it, wheels since I don't really use feet.  I know, bad joke, I just like wheelchair humor, so sue me.  So, let me get started in today. 

Today is Local Day!  So I will find an article about local stuff to talk about and give my opinion.  I just got done reading an article about a nurse in Columbia that was charged with writing fraudulent prescriptions.  She has plead guilty to this charge.  I am not going to condemn her one way or the other but I do think this is a problem that needs to be addressed.  Every script that has been written in excess needs to be looked at more closely.  I know that this would be a huge undertaking but if the government really wants to get serious about this opioid problem then drastic measures are needed, not just the same old stuff.  Politicians are good about promising stuff and never coming through, especially things that would help the American people.  I think something like this needs to be looked into more because it is going on in other places of this great country.  Come on, lets get tough on this if we are going to corral it.  Here is the article if you would like to read more about it; http://www.abc17news.com/news/columbia-nurse-pleads-guilty-to-writing-fraudulent-prescriptions/709556383

Here is something I have not talked about for awhile, conspiracy theories.  Now I do not have an article to link to with what I am about to tell you, I had heard this on the radio and I will not say what show it was.  Anyway, down in Georgia a teacher had corralled himself in his classroom and fired a single shot from a revolver.  Those are the facts that I know and I am sure with that you can find out more of the story on your own.  From what I know, there were no kids in the room and he fired the gun at the window that looked outside.  There are a few on the far right that think this was staged by the left to show that arming teachers is not a good idea.  What I have always thought about possibly arming teachers is that they should not be forced into the idea of carrying a gun.  I am sure there are plenty of teachers that are responsible gun owners that would happily carry at school to help protect those children.  Just do not force someone to carry a firearm to try to protect kids, in a school that does not have a teacher that is a responsible gun owner then hire a vet that would do that job and do it extremely well.  Think what you will about this conspiracy theory but is it something that you could see happening?  That is what I always think about when talking about conspiracy theories.  So, make up your own mind, let me know what you think.

Well, that is all for me tonight.  I hope all of you reading have a fantastic night or day, take care!





































Comments

Popular Posts