Painful Day, Presidential Promises, Party of Slavery in the USA

Hello all, I am back.  My day has been alright, except I hurt like crazy now.  Probably has to do with the weather.  It has been dreary all day here, not good for me on a few levels.  I thought the sun was popping out at one time but the clouds came back to cover it up pretty fast.  You know how your body hurts when you are sick with the flu or something similar?  My body is like that, sometimes moving just hurts too much.  But, as you know, I will never let anything stop me from living my life and trying to get better.  I finally started the process for my new blog and the name is History in a Chair and soon I will have some photos of some designs that I would like all of you to vote on.  Not sure how to do that yet but I will figure it out.  So, let me get into it.

I would like to talk about a few historical things tonight.  First is about Presidents keeping campaign promises.  In all of the history of the United States of America there has been one President that kept all of his campaign promises.  That man was James K. Polk who was elected in 1844.  He did all this in one term, four years, better than any other President.  Most always go back on their promises. I am not going to go into them all but I will list a few.   Some of the more recent ones where President Obama promising to close Guantanamo Bay in Cuba, George W. Bush did not keep his promise about helping out the unemployed, Jimmy Carter promised to end the energy problems we had at the time and did not do that.  People are trying to figure out if President Trump has kept his promises already, why not wait until he is out of office.  From what I know he is doing pretty good so far on keeping campaign promises but we will see.  Here is that article; https://www.cheatsheet.com/culture/who-broke-more-campaign-promises-donald-trump-or-barack-obama.html/?ref=YF&yptr=yahoo

The second is how backwards we have all gotten on certain things.  Remember that old adage, if you forget your history then you are doomed to repeat it.  Well, we are not really repeating it but things are progressing a little backwards.  If you remember your history, the democrat party was the party of slavery in the 18th century and were also against the passing of the Civil Right bill in Congress.  It may have been a democrat President that was present when the bill was passed and signed into law but Lyndon B. Johnson was only a democrat in name, not practice.  A democrat of today may look at LBJ as more of a republican because of, especially, his demeanor towards people.  He was a very religious man from Texas that was only added to the ticket for John F. Kennedy to help get southern democrats, not because both men liked each other.  LBJ did pass one of the most important bills in the history of our Union.  The Union was torn apart by democrats and republicans tried to put it back together but Abraham Lincoln was shot, he was the first republican President, and a democrat was put in charge of the country.  There is a very smart video you can watch that explains this process very well, I hope you like it as much as I did; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_a7dQXilCo

Well, that is it for me tonight.  I really hope you all have a wonderful day or night, take care!

Comments

Popular Posts