Busy Day, Cloak & Dagger Stuff, Marvel Podcasts, Stupid California

Hey guys, sorry I did not write last night, was busy with this moving business.  I was busy packing stuff up for the move, hopefully soon and I can get out of this crap apartment. Now I have to wait to get approved through their application process, they do a background and credit check, I am sure I will get approved but have to go through this process.  I should find out either tomorrow or Friday, I am so ready to leave this place.  Have not done a lot else lately, I did one Uber drive today and it was a longer one.  I took a college kid to the airport, it was almost $20 bucks, that always helps.  Just mostly packing and getting ready to move, found a few boxes of stuff I totally forgot about, it seems you always find that kind of stuff when you move.  So, let me get into it.

It is a Marvel Day so I will find a bigger Marvel thing to talk about.  Cloak and Dagger is becoming a reality for Marvel Studios but it is being shown on a smaller television station that not a lot of people get called FreeForm.  I can stream it through my Roku device but not a lot of people have the chance to watch this new series.  That is a shame really, I am also worried that the budget will be too low to really show all the cool stuff those two get into.  I guess we will have to wait and see.  I know that I am a little behind the times but I just started watching the second season of Jessica Jones on Netflix.  I have only gotten through the first episode but I like it already.  Her relationship with all the other bi cast members is great.  She has that sense of humor or whatever you call it that I really find attractive, if only I could find a real woman with those powers.  If you have seen it, don't tell me how this season ends, I will get to it soon enough.

Another Marvel thing I would like to talk about, podcasts.  I have an article I will link below after I give a few words on the subject.  Podcasts, for those of you who do not know, are sort of like radio but you can tell pretty much anything through a podcast.  Not real sure what the actual definition is of podcast but it is not hard to find, just do a quick Google Search.  But I guess now Marvel is getting in on the fun as another way to tell their stories and I think that it's a great idea, I know people that listen to podcasts a lot, while they workout or are driving instead of listening to the radio.  I would listen to them as well while driving but I do not have an audio jack in the front of my stereo in the van but I do listen other times.  Now that I know Marvel is using them as a way to get their stuff out I will look into those, here is the article; http://www.thedrum.com/news/2018/03/28/why-marvel-has-turned-podcasts-tell-new-superhero-stories

I do not have an article ready to add for this topic but I would like to voice my opinions about it because I feel very strongly about what I have to say.  California, what a mess of a state, wants to create its own immigration laws when it says in the Constitution that states are not to make immigration laws but follow federal laws pertaining to such.  It has been in the news a lot lately that California wants to become the first sanctuary state, not just a sanctuary city.  First off I believe that a sanctuary city is not right and is kind of illegal because it protects illegal immigrants living in that jurisdiction, the key word there being "illegal".  I am not able to go to the store and take whatever I want and walk out without paying, that is illegal, the illegal immigrants are basically doing the same thing but getting away with it.  One problem we have now in the country is liberal judges trying to undermine the federal government at every turn because their candidate did not win the presidency, which I think is wrong also but that is something to talk about for another time.  What really set all this off was when the mayor of Oakland warned people that were here illegally to go and hide because ICE was coming to find people that were here when they shouldn't be.  Of course I think this was wrong in most everything that mayor said.  This set off a firestorm with the DOJ and even the Attorney General came out to speak about how wrong this was of a mayor to do something like this.  In the Constitution it states that only the federal government can make immigration policy and laws and no state or municipality can infringe on those laws.  I think we should be taking the Constitution literal more than we have for the last few hundred years.  I think that sanctuary cities should be a thing of the past and we should shut everything down about them.  If California wants to succed because of that, then I say let them go, even though it is illegal for a state to secede from the union.  We fought a pretty nasty war over this a while ago, you know, states rights and all.  Maybe we should make an exception with California in this case, I know I would not care.


Well, that is all for me tonight.  I really hope that you all have a great night or day, take care!

















Comments

Popular Posts