The Last Jedi Review

Hey guys, I am back, sorry about not posting last night but I was super tired after the movie.  So this will be my review for The Last Jedi.  I hope you all like it!

First I want to say that it is my favorite Star Wars movie, it was so good.  I can see why Lucasfilm has given Rian Johnson almost full control to create his own trilogy because he pulled everything off in this movie.  There really was not any dead spots or what would be considered by me as a bad part about this film, everything came together to work well.  The characters worked well off of each other, except for one part in the middle of the movie but that did not matter a whole lot since things came together seamlessly.  Star Wars has a history of using puppets for certain characters and there are a few in the Canto Bight scene early on, I do not think that is a spoiler since we heard about this planet a while back, that were clearly puppets and it seemed that maybe their CGI was not finished or something.  But it is not a very long scene and they go away pretty quick.  I thought Daisy Ridley killed it playing Rey and did good after we learned of her parentage, at least that was what might have been the truth, that point could change.  I will not spoil that here but I thought it worked well within the story overall.  I was wrong on her heritage, thinking she was a granddaughter of Obi Wan-Kenobi but I am sure that is not a big shock to most any person out there and what was eventually revealed to be her parents was a theory that has been out there for some time.  Everything is set up nicely for what is to come in Episode IX and as long as it is written well then it will be just as good as this.  I was a little surprised that there were not a whole lot of call backs to Episode V like there were in The Force Awakens and Episode IV.  Maybe a few minor details but nothing huge.  I would have to say that Rey is now my favorite Star Wars character because of Daisy Ridley's performance.  I am thankful that the Porgs were not in the movie too much, similar to Ewoks, even though those things are cute as hell.  Probably the biggest surprise I had for the movie is that there was more humor than I had thought and it was done perfectly. 

Well, there is my thoughts on this, I hope you can go see it because I think it was a great movie.  If you do I would love to talk about it with you.  Anyway, I will be back later to talk about normal stuff.  Take care everyone!









Comments

Popular Posts