Good Day, Mostly Same Pain, Jimmy Kimmel, Taiwan Threat

Hello everyone, I hope you are great.  My day has been pretty good and it was a little nicer outside since the wind was not very bad.  I did not do a whole lot, did a little cleaning and a load of laundry.  I have not put any cards up for sale online since selling my collection but I really do not have much inventory to put up, even though I do have some good hits but I think I will wait until I have a little more inventory before I start putting things up again.  But that does not mean I cannot try to sell some coins online that I do not want or need anymore, plus I have some POP figures I could put up to gain a little bit of money.  Not that I really need money but it is always nice to have a little extra scratch.

So, my pain has been about the same as it has been for a few days now, at a 9 level.  Everything is the same except for my left jaw, it is really tender when you touch it from underneath but it is away from where that tooth was hurting so I am not sure what this is.  It only hurts if you touch it or open my mouth real wide to take a bite of something so it is pretty manageable.  Otherwise everything is the same pain wise for me, nothing else new.  Now, onto more important stuff.

First off I would like to talk about the comments made by Jimmy Kimmel last night about insurance for children and give my take on it.  You may disagree with me on this but I would like to voice my feelings on the matter.  Now, when Kimmel speaks about this issue he talks in a more broad sense but I am going to bring it down to a one person sense.  Jimmy Kimmel, as some of you surely now, has a late night program on television and I am sure he makes a good amount of money from that so he is able to spend the money to get the insurance for his family, unlike a lot of families.  Kimmel gets mad at Congress for not funding the CHIP program that was set up under the last president, who was of a different party than what is in control of Congress.  That is, in my humble opinion, why it was not funded or anything.  One thing that did fund the CHIP program was through the sale of cigarettes so you would think that Congress would want people smoking more, just a little joke kinda.  Here is the link to that story about Jimmy Kimmel; https://www.yahoo.com/gma/kimmel-brings-newborn-stage-heartfelt-return-slams-congress-065018990--abc-news-topstories.html

An article that I read today signals that China is getting ready for war for Taiwan.  As you might know, Taiwan is considered by Chinese leaders to be part of China while leaders in Taiwan see themselves as a sovereign country.  At the end of the Chinese Civil War, where the Communists were fighting the Nationalists, the Nationalists had to retreat to Taiwan and leave China as a communist nation.  Chinese officials think that Taiwan should be part of China as a whole and will do what they need to get Taiwan back, even if that means going to war over the small nation.  One of the major problems for China in doing this is that America is to back Taiwan in case there is ever a threat to Taiwan from China, or really any nation but mostly China.  A Chinese diplomat in Washington has said that China will consider it an act of war if the United States sends a warship to Taiwan shores, he said something close to this, to me that sounds like an open threat and we should treat that very seriously.  I am not saying that we should send a ship there but that we should really think about this before we do anything.  Here is the link to the story; https://www.yahoo.com/news/why-china-plans-invade-taiwan-010400825.html

Well, that is all for me tonight.  I sincerely hope all of you have a wonderful day or night, take care!

















Comments

Popular Posts