Busy Day, Lots of Pain, Look Back, Non-Politician Presidents, New Stuff

Hey all, hope things are well.  Sorry I took last night off but I was really tired.  So today was good but busy, at least until I started cooking dinner.  I went to the gym at my usual time of 11 and left a little after 12 to get ready for a doctor appointment at 1.  That appointment went well, I did some blood work but have not gotten the results sent to me yet.  After that appointment I went to Rusk for physical therapy for my right hip.  It was nice to get really stretched out by a pro but it did hurt pretty good.  Then I finally made it home before it started getting bad out, it is snowing and they are calling for freezing rain or drizzle.  A little later I decided to fix something to eat for dinner, I chose eggs, well that was a mistake.  I make my eggs sunny side up and they would not cook right, probably because my skillet I use is old and out of shape, need to get a new one sometime.  Think I will buy one of those copper ones or something.  Also, I went to throw one of the eggs away that I just picked up with a spatula fell onto my leg.  That was a nasty mess, oh well, I need to do laundry anyway.  So I just fixed a thing of mac and cheese and will probably have something else before bed.  So that was fun.

Ok, pain wise, my day was filled with a 9.5 pain.  When I first woke up this morning I had a really sharp and stabbing pain in my right hip, like someone was nailing in a railroad spike or something.  Also my shoulders and upper back, hands and wrists and legs and feet hurt also today.  Lot of stuff but I had a smile on my face most of the day. 

I guess this is time to look back on 2017 and see how things went.  I do not usually like to look back but forward, just thought I would talk about some good and bad stuff.  The first big thing I will talk about is a very decisive issue, President Trump.  No matter what you think of him you should accept that he is the duly elected president of the United States.  I think it is a big thing that this country elected it's first non-politician since President Eisenhower in the 1950's.  There have been 5 presidents elected that had not run for any other political office before, the first was Zachary Tyler, who was a war hero; Ulysses S. Grant who was a Civil War general; Herbert Hoover was a business man and an engineer; Dwight D. Eisenhower who was the Supreme Commander during WWII and now Donald Trump.  One bad thing that happened this year is North Korea, hopefully that will not last much longer.  Good things were superhero movies by Marvel and DC, Logan, Wonder Woman and finally a really good Spiderman movie.  A really great Star Wars movie, in my humble opinion.  Hopefully 2018 is even better in a lot of cases.

I am going to start something new in the new year, once a month I will write a post solely about a topic for alternate history.  If you have anything you would like me to write about then please send me a suggestion.  Otherwise I will just pick one off the top of my head.

Well, that is all for me tonight.  I will be back tomorrow with more.  I really hope you all have a wonderful day or night, take care!





















Comments

Popular Posts