Restful Day, Lower Pain, Iran Coups?, January Movie

Hey there everyone, hopefully this post reaches you in good health.  It is that time of year where people get sick so prepare by eating things with good amounts of vitamins C and A, also some good fiber too.  Plus, if you can just stay away from sick people or people in general, that is how I can do it all the time.  But that is not good for my depression, staying away from people.  I try not to have many strangers around me, it is pretty easy for me to just go up to someone and strike up a conversation.  So even despite the extremely cold temperatures here I did get out but did not go to the gym today since I thought it better to rest.  I did watch the Kansas City Chiefs football game today and was happy to see that they won their last regular season game of the year and knowing that they will go to the playoffs.  We will find out next week who they will play in the first round.  It is New Years Eve but I will not be staying up until midnight this year again, plus I do not have anyone to kiss for good luck going into the new year. 

Pain wise today it has been a little better, since I was able to get my oxy filled.  My pain is located in the same places as the last few days but the level is at an 8.5, so a little lower.  I only had a few spikes of pain up to a 10 and it was not too bad.  I did lay down and take a nap at 9 which felt pretty good, maybe I will do that more often because I liked the way I felt when waking up from that nap.  So, onto the good stuff.

What to talk about on the last day of the year?  Something I did not think would happen but Democrats are on President Trumps side on something.  It is not anything domestic but the protests going on in Iran.  I think it is good for the president to speak his support of the people of Iran that are tired of their government.  I will not try to act like I know what is going on with the protests and the reason they started but I think it is positive for these people to stand up and voice their opinions about this horrible regime.  As most Americans I do not really like the government of Iran, a lot goes back to the hostage situation in the late 1970's and early 1980's.  In a way it was expected for some kind of coup to take place there in 1979 as the United States did not act right towards Iran in the 1950's with what we did over there.  For those that do not know, I will go into just a little of what happened.  In 1953 the United States helped to overthrow the democratically elected Prime Minister Mohammed Mossadegh to establish the rule of Reza Pahlavi as Shah, which is basically the king of the country.  Pahlavi was very strict and had his secret police do horrible things to the people of the country for even minor offences.  This was brought about because the British were worried about losing control of the Anglo-Iranian oil business in Iran, so to help out Iran we orchestrated this.  In hindsight it was not a good move by the United States and I wish we learned lessons from this disaster but obviously did not as the next few decades told.  We, as the United States, need to stop trying to influence or establish other countries and let them work things out.  The type of government we have here in this country, which is a democratic republic and not a democracy, is not fit for every other country on Earth.  Basically saying that we should let the people of Iran decide where their country goes if the decide to overthrow the Supreme Leader.  We should only get involved if we are asked to participate and not try to force ourselves on the situation.

Wow, that was a little more than I thought I would write there but I needed to say that.  As you know, I am a movie fan but I do not really see many good movies coming out this next month of the new year.  The only one I am really looking forward to is Den of Thieves, which looks like a good movie about guys that are big time thieves and the cops that take them down.  From what I know, the cops are more unorthodox and use harsher tactics.  I do like these kinds of movies so I am looking for it but the next movie I really cannot wait for is Black Panther that comes out in February.  Big Marvel movie so I will geek out a little.

Well, that is all for me tonight.  I really hope all of you have a great night or day, take care!

Comments

Popular Posts