Good Day, Tough Workout, Little Less Pain, NFL Tribulations, Iran Protests

Hello everyone, I am back.  Hopefully you are having a good day, mine went well today.  I went to the gym and had a tough workout, chest and biceps is always good for a nice but tough day.  Then I went to pick up my oxycodone that was called in today.  My pain doctor has it on some kind of auto fill thing or something, he told me but I cannot remember what it is called.  So that is good, helps take some of the edge off.  Also, I got to hang out with my friend Kristin for a little bit which is always nice.  Dinner went better today but all I had were some leftovers of a pot roast I had put in the crock pot the other day but it was really good.  My favorite part is probably the potatoes and carrots.

My pain today has been about the same if not a little better today, it is at a level of 9 today.  The same things are hurting today as yesterday, I do have a small amount of pain in my left hip though but I think it was mostly from sleeping on that side.  Anyway, time to get to it.

There has been a lot of talk about how the NFL is going through a rough time now because of the protests and that the ratings were a little lower than years past.  I think a lot of this is exaggerated mostly because the sport of American football is so ingrained in this country for it to completely go away or falter.  One thing I was a little surprised at is that Roger Goodell had his contract renewed for another 5 years and up to $40 million.  I think that is way too high of a salary to give a CEO, which he basically is, but I know that there are certain metrics he has to meet to be able to get that full amount promised.  Revenue has continued to grow for the NFL every year for the past 10 years or so and in 2016 made at least $14 billion.  The ratings are lower, maybe up to 10% but that is not a problem for the NFL since they have contracts in place with the networks.  The major reason for the lower ratings has a lot to do with people cutting out cable and starting to stream things or only have services like Netflix or Hulu and maybe going out to watch the games.  I for one do not think that the NFL has anything to worry about for the foreseeable future. 

So I guess there have been some protests going on over in Iran against the government and the Supreme Leader.  Supposedly the cause is from high unemployment and prices increasing and this one is seen as different than the protests that took place in 2009.  It has been called more "grass roots" protesting since it is more local and started out of nowhere.  I think this is a good move for the people of Iran to try and get out of the total control of the Supreme Leader Ayatollah Khamenei, who is basically a dictator in religious clothing.  I do hope the people of Iran can get some help from the Supreme Leader, some freedoms would be nice. 

Well, that is all for me tonight.  I really hope all of you have a great day or night, take care!


















Comments

Popular Posts