Decent Day, Better Pain, "Porch Pirates", Partisanship

Hey there everyone, I hope you are having a great day.  Besides pain my day has not been too bad.  Well it is the first official day of winter, even though it has already felt like winter before now.  Today is the winter solstice, that means that after today, which is the shortest day of the year, the sun will be coming back north and have a little more daylight until June 21st or summer solstice.  So things are looking up, at least weather wise since the sun will be out a little more.  This weekend looks to be very cold here and maybe a small chance of snow.  We have not had any snow fall on Christmas since 2010 in Columbia.  I do not really mind that too much.  So I did go work out today even though my physical therapy was tough but I think I sort of screwed up my shoulder.  It is nothing too serious and am not working out until Tuesday just to get some rest for it.  Now on to some other stuff.

So my pain has hit 10 a few times today but overall I would say it is down to a 9 for me.  A lot of my pain today has been in my hands plus my upper back and shoulders.  I do have some new stretches I can do to help my hip out so we will see if that helps any or just hurts a lot.  Now, more important stuff.

I am going to talk about more local stuff here in Mid Missouri.  I know this is a problem all over the country but there was an article talking about "Porch Pirates" or people that steal your packages off your front porch.  Personally I think these people are very low and they should get in a lot of trouble for this.  One way to stop this is to do like that man that rigged a 12 gauge shotgun shell blank inside of a box so that when that box is picked up then it goes off.  If you have ever shot a 12 gauge shotgun or stood close to one being shot off then you know how loud that noise is.  It is a good way to keep them type of people away from you.  I think this would be totally legal because it is a blank and nobody will get shot, just scared really bad.  I think you should defend your home no matter what but this is a good alternative to actually shooting these idiots, plus it will save you time in court.

So the new tax bill has been passed and Democrats are furious over this, mostly because it was written by Republicans and supported by President Trump.  It seems to me that no matter what the president supports the democrats will be against it.  Let us say that President Trump has the cure for Cancer but needs it to be passed unanimously in the Congress.  I think democrats would still vote no for it, even though this would help the American people, who they are supposed to represent.  It is a crazy world we live in now. 

Well, that is all I have for tonight.  I hope you all have a wonderful day or night, take care!















Comments

Popular Posts