Merry Christmas, OK Day, Less Pain, Star Wars Crybabys, Jesus in the Quran

Hello everyone and Merry Christmas.  No matter what you celebrate, happy Monday and I hope it was good.  Today was not too bad for me, I woke up with nothing to really do since everything, mostly, is closed today and my housemate is gone.  I lounged around until noon and went to my cousins for Christmas dinner.  It was a good time, seeing some more family.  I was with my parents this weekend back up in Macon, that was a fun time as I always enjoy seeing them.  Now tomorrow is back to the drawing board, or so they say.  I really need to do some cleaning tomorrow since I did not do any today, plus laundry.  Just a days work. 

Pain has not been as bad as it has, I am at a level of 9 right now.  My back is feeling better, the pain is in my shoulders, hands, legs and feet.  One thing that will help me a little is the gym is open again tomorrow so that is good. 

Its Star Wars day!  So I will find something to talk about.  The biggest news for Star Wars is still some fans backlash of the movie.  I hate that we have not moved forward with this.  The movie was very, very, very good so I do not understand this backlash.  I know a lot of it is from their expectations that they have had since Return of the Jedi in 1983 and they wanted to see Luke smash things up since he was so powerful.  I think the direction the movie took was the right one to fit into the new narrative, to focus more on these new characters, not the older ones.  That is why Han is killed in the last one, Disney wants to move away from the old order and stake their claim to a new order.  Just get over it you bunch of nerds and be glad that we have more Star Wars to come in the future. 

Something I would like to talk about that I am sure might surprise a few of you out there, Jesus and Mary in the Quran, the Holy Book of Muslims.  Jesus is mentioned in the book, as a prophet, not the last prophet like Muhammad, also Jesus is called a Messiah.  Mary, the mother of Jesus who gave birth to him despite being a virgin, is mentioned more in the Quran than in the Bible.  While I was studying at the University of Missouri I learned much about the Arabic language and the culture of Saudi Arabia.  I was able to read some of the Quran, which is still in its original Arabic text and has not changed since it was put down.  Also, in the Islamic faith, Jesus is referred to as Isa.

Well, that is all I have for tonight.  I do hope all of you have a great day or night, take care!  Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night.
















Comments

Popular Posts