Just OK Day, Spanish Flu, Disappointment

Hey there everyone, hope your day is going great!  My day has been just alright I guess but at least I started the day a little earlier.  I did make it to the gym today and had a good workout but didn't do anything different but it was solid there.  I spent quite a lot of time today looking for a part time job, I applied to 6 different jobs today.  Guess it worked cause I have an interview tomorrow at 1 at the hospital as a greeter.  It would probably be an easy job.  Hopefully it goes better than the job interview that I had at Hy-Vee on Sunday.  One of the first things the guy said to me was that the job was actually for a checker, that wasn't what I applied for and kinda ticked me off a little.  I wouldn't be able to be a checker since the machines are a little too high for me in the chair.  So, I guess it's time to get into it!

History Day!  I am going to talk about something that isn't talked about enough nowadays, the Spanish Flu.  It was called this even though it did not start in Spain, the reason behind the name is that Spain was the first country to report large amounts of people affected by the flu.  The main reason why other countries like Britain and America did not report early cases of the flu was because of WWI was going on at around the same time.  50 million people died from the flu and in 1918 numbers that equals out to about 3 percent of the world population but around 500 million where effected which is about 1/3 of the world population.  So this effected a whole lot of people, most families at the time had someone in their family or knew someone that had the flu.  It is surprising that this has not been talked about much now since the same strain could come back as this is very similair to most bird flu's like H5N1.  Hopefully it stays away but we should worry a lot about this one.  Here is a top 10 list about the Spanish Flu; https://listverse.com/2019/07/21/10-infectious-facts-about-the-spanish-flu/

So democrats think they are doing something so good tomorrow, think they will get one over but I think there will be some people let down a whole lot.  For one, like this article says, Mueller is a man of a few words.  Plus, the left thinks that Mueller will come in and say that President Trump should be impeached, that's not happening.  If he was going to say that then he would have said as much in his 400 page report.  Here is an article on this; https://www.yahoo.com/news/mueller-a-man-of-few-words-may-disappoint-trump-impeachment-advocates-211616429.html

Well, that's it for me tonight.  I hope that all of you have a great day or night, take care!







































Comments

Popular Posts