Good Day, New Pain Relief, Another Great Man

Hey there everyone, I hope today is everything you want it to be!  My day has been good, didn't really do much but it's alright.  I watched the boys for a few hours today to help my friend out, it was all good.  Had a good workout today, started doing something new today, using the dip bars to do pull-ups on.  They are a little different than doing over or under hand pull-ups but they work just as effectively.  Another thing I have been doing lately is taking the 12 lbs. medicine ball and using it like I am shooting baskets, trying to get more explosion for my shot.  It's a good one and then I will have that ball in my lap and add in a 15 lb dumbbell and go roll around with, it's actually a good workout for me.  Especially after doing those ball throws.  I called another publishing company and they want more money to be able to publish, I am now thinking about self publishing instead through Amazon but it's still a little too early to tell.  I'll figure that out when I get done with it.  Now, on to the good stuff!

There is some new news out of the pain relief front in Canada and it has to do with marijuana.  Since cannabis is now legal in the country they are free to do some research on it and some good stuff is already starting to come to light.  This study comes at us from the University of Guelph, which is in Ontario, surprise to me.  The research is focused around two flavonoids called cannflavins A and B, which are showing signs of anti-inflammatory work.  This is good news for people that have had trouble with opioids as this would be more of a natural solution to pain.  Not sure if this would work for me but it's something I can try but then again I don't have any issue taking opioids so I don't really need to do it but I would try it.  I'll bring it up to my pain guy.  Here is an article about this if you want to know more; https://medicalxpress.com/news/2019-07-access-pain-relief-potential-cannabis.html

To continue with great generals from the state of Missouri I will now write about another great man, Omar N. Bradley.  Omar was born in Randolph Country, just north of where I live now in a small town called Clark.  The airport in Moberly is named after this man.  Anyway, Bradley graduated from West Point with another famous general who is more widely known, Dwight D. Eisenhower.  The major part of his service was during WWII and the Korean War, in the latter he commanded the most fighting men by one person during WWII and in Korea he was Army Chief of Staff, someone who reports only to the president.  Omar commanded one of the greatest forces in the United States military, the 82nd Airborne Division.  After WWII he was the head of the Veterans Affairs Administration, a job that he seemed to have liked, helping other veterans.  He is another of the great generals that should be talked about more and I am proud to have him hail from my state.  Here is a page on him if you would like to read more about his life; https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Omar_Bradley

Well, that's all for me tonight.  I really hope that all of you have a great day or night, take care!


































Comments

Popular Posts