Good Day, Earthquakes, Not Alone?, No More Mad, Flesh Eating Bacteria, Ice Cream Lickers

Hey everyone, hope your day is going great!  My day hasn't been too bad but I am writing this a little earlier than normal because I am going out with a friend of mine for a few drink later as long as the rain stays away.  I didn't even think it was supposed to rain today until after I got out of the gym and it started but then it wasn't a steady rain because it would stop and then start back up and be really pounding when it came.  Oh well, we need it, July is usually the driest month in Missouri and the creeks around town have been looking a little low.  We might go tomorrow if it continues to rain at around 8.  It'll be the first time I have gone out in a long time, I actually stayed up a little later last night to prepare for tonight.  Don't want to stay out until 2 am or anything though, just want to have a little fun.  Well, let me get into it!

Something big happened today that hasn't happened in a while, an earthquake hit southern california.  I remember the last time a big quake hit that area, I was watching the World Series with my parents back on October 17, 1989.  That was probably my first realization of what they can do and from there I started reading up on them.  That was how I found out that the possible largest earthquake to ever hit North America happened in southern Missouri at New Madrid, called the New Madrid Fault.  It hit back in 1820 and 1821 and rang church bells as far away as Boston, the mighty Mississippi river ran backwards for almost 2 weeks, that's how powerful this one was.  The Richter Scale wasn't used at that time but if it was then it may have been off the charts.  I mean, to make one of the biggest rivers in the world run backwards, that has to be powerful.  Glad I wasn't around to feel that.  I remember back in the late 90's insurance companies were trying to sell earthquake insurance because they were saying that we were way overdue for a big one, bigger than any before it.  Earthquakes are not something that can be predicted and they certainly do not work on a time schedule, this was just insurance companies trying to make extra money.  I know that my parents did not buy any coverage but I am sure they made some good money off of that.  Wonder if they are still trying to sell that insurance, guess I'll try to find out soon.  Here is an article on that quake today; https://news.google.com/articles/CAIiEB1Oqz187JrDL6OMaiock44qGQgEKhAIACoHCAowyNj6CjDyiPICMJyFxQU?hl=en-US&gl=US&ceid=US%3Aen

Recently the question was put out to people, what would you do if we found out we are not alone in the universe?  It seems that humanity does not have a concrete response if we are to find alien life in the universe.  The results of the survey were not released but it was interesting anyway.  Here is that article; https://www.livescience.com/65848-alien-contact-seti-survey.html

Here is some really sad news, Mad magazine is going out of business.  They started publishing in 1952, so 67 years.  I may not have been a die hard reader of the mag but I did like it and would pick it up if I seen it somewhere.  Sad to see another great American company going down, RIP Mad magazine.  Here is an article on it; https://io9.gizmodo.com/mad-magazine-is-basically-dead-1836104170

I really feel for people that contract flesh eating bacteria, that stuff has to suck a lot.  I have a story about a young man who got the bacteria without even getting in the water.  I think this is a first but I am not for sure, I have not read the article yet.  Glad he caught it early enough to go to the hospital and get it fixed, he is now recovering.  Here is the article; https://www.newser.com/story/277372/man-who-didnt-go-in-the-water-contracted-flesh-eating-bacteria.html

There is this disgusting new trend that is popping up all over the place, people going to the store and licking the ice cream and putting it back.  Some people can be really horrible sometimes, why does this seem like a good thing to do?  What sort of weird high do people get from doing this?  So anyway, one Wal-Mart is taking security into it's own hands.  They have an armed guard, armed with a water gun, making sure that nobody else does this.  Here is the video talking about this; https://www.yahoo.com/news/texas-walmart-armed-employee-guarding-111732401.html

Well, that's it for me tonight.  I really hope all of you have a great night or day, take care!































Comments

Popular Posts