Thankful Day, Same Pain Again, Thanksgiving Myths, Nice Article

Happy Thanksgiving everyone, I hope you all are well today.  My day has been good, I just got back from my cousins house for dinner.  So we all need to be thankful for something today and I have a few different things to be thankful for.  First would be my family, friends and people I just bump into when I am out.  Second would be my abilities in the wheelchair because I know things could always be worse.  Third I am thankful for all the good people do in the world, just not all the bad stuff like murders or rapes, plus some other bad things.  But I want to get to the stuff I want to talk about so this part is a little short.

Pain has been about the same as the last few days, it has been at 8.5.  Still my shoulder and wrist, my wrist is getting better by the day, the bruise still looks pretty bad though.

So, today is Thanksgiving so let me talk about a few myths.  The first big one is that they were never called "Pilgrims", they actually called themselves Saints, but that would not be very politically or religiously correct so I guess Pilgrims is the best we have.  Second, they did not eat things like turkey or apple pie because turkey was not present at the time and apple pie was just not used.  It is far more likely they ate a lot of seafood, maybe even lobster, and pigeons or venison.  There is one report that maybe even swans were eaten, too bad it is illegal to hunt and eat swans now I guess.  But do not hunt a swan, please.  The only reason why Thanksgiving is on the last Thursday in November was to help out Christmas sales.  It was put there in 1934 by FDR, so black friday is a lot older than you think.

So I found a good article that helps my faith in humanity, a women helped a homeless man that helped her.  So the story goes, young woman is driving and runs out of gas while going to Philadelphia, which as most know is a pretty rough place, and a homeless man named "Johnny" came up to her and told her it was not safe to leave her vehicle there and used his last $20 to buy her gas.  She came back to pay him back and decided to raise some money for him.  She only thought to raise around $10,000 but the total has now gone past $250,000.  I like stories like this, we need more of them.

Well, that is all for me tonight.  I really hope all of you have a great day or night, take care!

















Comments

Popular Posts