OK Day, Same Pain, Genghis Khan, Bad Movie, Pocahontas, Terrible Chiefs

Hey guys, I am back.  So today is a history day for the blog and will write a little piece about history but then other things.  My day has been alright, not sure I did anything real big today.  There was some surprising news that I heard earlier today though that I am eagerly anticipating and that is the first trailer for Marvel: Infinity War is dropping tomorrow sometime.  That movie is going to be so huge I cannot wait.  Sometimes I wish I could just sleep until Star Wars comes out and then Black Panther and then Infinity War but I understand that it would be impossible.  It has been said that the end of Avengers 4, which is the next movie, will be the end of the current Avengers as we know them and the MCU will start anew.  Such a great time to be a nerd!

My pain has been about the same as it was yesterday, at a 9.  As usual it is my shoulder but now it is my right shoulder blade and hands that are hurting worse today.  Hopefully I will get some help tomorrow when I see my pain doc.

Probably one of my favorite times in history is the Mongol invasions across Asia and into Europe.  Genghis Khan is a very interesting individual and his rise to power of the Mongol peoples was nothing short of fascinating, I hope that there is a major studio motion picture made of his life.  Some of you may remember the horrible movie starring John Wayne, who was horribly mis-cast in the role, as the leader Temujin (who becomes Genghis Khan).  It is ranked by many sites and people as the worst movie ever made, mostly for the bad casting.  I do not think the movie crew had ever seen a Mongolian person before and probably did not know where Mongolia was on a map.  What I am hoping for is an accurate retelling of his life based on the book titled Secret History of the Mongols, which is a book that was written after Genghis died in 1227 and we use to study the Mongol people of that time.  It would be very easy to make this movie, I think, and we can cast so much better than the 1956 movie titled The Conqueror, I like John Wayne but he is a very far cry from a Mongol warrior.  Somebody make this happen, just not the History Channel which I like to refer to as the part time History Channel because most shows have nothing to do with history.

One of the bigger news stories from the weekend is what Donald Trump said at an event honoring Native Americans, reffering to the senator that he calls Pocahontas, Elizabeth Warren.  I do not think that was the right setting to say something like that but he likes to create controversy.  For those that do not know, Elizabeth Warren is a Democrat that said before that she was of Native American ancestry but has since been proven that she lied.  She even tried to get a grant to go to college by saying she was half Native American or something like that, which I think is completely wrong and I am glad she was called out for it.  So Pocahontas is a popular nickname for her by her rivals.

It is getting really hard to watch the Kansas City Chiefs right now, they are playing so bad and looked very unmotivated.  As a die-hard fan of the team I hate to see them like this but I am really unsure of what they need to do to improve.  Benching Alex Smith for the rookie Patrick Mahommes might work or it might be a horrible thing, but I think you have to get him on the field considering how much the team spent to get him.  Hopefully something changes soon because I like to be entertained on Sunday watching football.

Well, that is all for me tonight.  I hope all of you have a wonderful night or day, take care!
















Comments

Popular Posts