Easy Day, Disney Buying Fox?, Tax Mess Up, Saudi-Iran War?, Russian Revolution Anny

Hey guys, I am here tonight.  I have to say that I really like typing on this new computer, the keys are much easier to type, the D button does not stick so that is good.  So I am going to try to get right to it today.  My pain level is at a 7 today with a few flares up to a 10 but nothing I cannot handle.  So, onto what is on my mind.

Big news for media and entertainment, Disney is try to purchase Fox right now.  The plan is not to buy everything Fox, I want to break this down into layman terms as best I can.  From what I have read the are only looking to purchase the movie and television studio, the FX network and a part of streaming service Hulu.  I am not totally aware of the extent of what 21st Century Fox owns but I would consider they own quite a lot.  Also, this is big for nerds because this would bring the X-Men and the Fantastic Four into the fold of Marvel.  This would be huge for Marvel movie fans and I hope this does go through.  I would love to see exactly what this sale would consist of and I see what would be brought into Marvel.

One of the bigger things going on right now is the tax plan that the Republicans are trying to push through that President Trump is backing.  From what I have read and heard about this bill I do not really support it but at least we are talking about the tax code for America, something needs to be done with the length of the tax code, it is over 73,000 pages, I am not sure how tall that would make the document but it would be too much for one person to carry.  This comes from the website businessinsider.com, they have more info if you just search, 'how big is the American tax code' in Google.  This really needs to be shorter by a whole lot and needs to be more simplified so any person can read it, not just a lawyer or accountant.  If there is ever something that would do that, I would be behind it 100% as long as there is not some stupid stuff that some idiotic politician threw in there.  I do not think that day will ever come.

There are a lot of people out there trying to scare the average American that President Trump is going to get us into a war with North Korea or some other nation, those people are just trying to stoke a dead fire so do not listen to them.  If we get into a war with North Korea it will be because that fat, small person that runs the country did something stupid like attack Japan or something, it will not be because President Trump wanted it.  If you are looking at hot spots, then look no further than Iran and Saudi Arabia because they really do not like each other.  Basically they are fighting a proxy war in Yemen right now as Iran backs the Houthi rebels there and Saudi Arabia wants to push those rebels out of the country.  If a war was to break out, I think this is a very strong candidate for it.

So I guess earlier today there were celebrations in Russia for the 100 anniversary of the Communist Revolution.  The revolution is a great story and I would advise anyone that wants to learn of Russian history of this period to do some serious studies into it.  It was a crazy time for the Russian people and there are some today that think Russia should go back down the path of communism.  I would think that would be a huge mistake, look how badly it ended.  I was born in 1979 and even though I do not remember much before I was 9 I do remember some of what it was like.  We were always on the alert for a nuclear launch by the Soviet Union and I do remember the dumbest "safety" procedure that we were shown as kids in school, to hide under our desks if a nuclear bomb is incoming.  Do not know why anyone would think that a rickety school desk would protect you from anything but people did think that.  The 1980's were a simpler time.

Well, that is all for me tonight.  I really do hope that you all have a wonderful day or night, take care!


















Comments

Popular Posts