Taking Time Off, Riding Horses in History, Volcano Problems

Hey everyone, hope things are going great.  Sorry I did not write last night, I was tired after writing my post for historyinachair.com.  That was it and I did not feel like writing a post for this site, just cause I was so tired.  I am pretty tired now but thought I should write something new so I can keep you all around.  My day today was alright, just spent a lot of time in the sun, which has wore me out pretty good.  Like I said, I got too much sun but it was a good time.  I have pretty much just rested since I came into my apartment after I took a shower.  So I really have not done much of anything today, so this will be fun.

Today is a history day!  So, I am going to talk about some new research into who first domesticated horses.  The answer to this has never been certain over the years and new research is shedding light on this.  It was always thought to have been the Yamnaya culture, which would be located in present day Kazakhstan.  From this new research it is believed that the Botai people, which were from the east of the Yamnaya people.  It is important to know who started domesticating the horse to figure out other things, like the spread of the Indo-European language and the wheel.  The research goes on as this is not figured out yet but I think they are on a good track.

This will be the first time I have talked much about the volcano down in Hawaii.  It really looks crazy down there, almost like a hellscape out of a fantasy movie.  I feel for those people down there, a friend of mine moved there with her new husband only a few months ago and lives in the area that is affected.  As far as I know, she is safe and so is her house.  But I did hear about somebody that was not so lucky.  He was protecting a few different houses of friends and was taking a short break when a lava bomb hit him in the leg.  He was taken to the hospital and had to have a few surgery's but he is doing good I guess but will not be walking anytime soon.  Also, there is a new threat now that the lava has reached the ocean, causing something called laze.  I guess that is a mixture of lava and haze, plus it is now shooting glass into the air.  So no end to what can hurt you down there.  Stay safe everyone.

Well, that is it for me tonight.  I really hope all of you have a wonderful day or night, take care!









Comments

Popular Posts