Productive Day, Geography Stuff, New Leader of the CIA

Hey everyone, I hope your Sunday is filled with good stuff.  My day, it has been alright, did some Uber rides today and put some cards up online for sale.  So I would say it was fairly productive, even did some house work.  We finally did get some rain here, not much, it rained for a whole of 2 minutes and that is more than we have gotten in a little while.  It came down real hard for most of that time, hopefully we will get more tonight.  Glad I didn't go get my van washed today.  I did have a little trouble with my van, the passenger side sliding door is getting worse.  I know that the motor for the door needs to be replaced but they are expensive and the only place that will do it is the local Kia dealer, and of course it is always more expensive to get things done at the dealer.  I'll figure something out soon.  Anyway, let me get into it.

So I am getting ready to start up my history blog pretty soon and thought I would talk about something that will be included in there.  Along with being a big history fan, I am a big geography fan and it always amazes me how many people do not know anything about geography.  Geography is all about where you are or live and knowing what surrounds you.  So it is funny to me when people are given a map and told to point to a certain country, most people cannot.  Even though I am big into geography, I am sure if you asked me to find a country that isn't talked about as much or one of the 'Stans of Asia, I might get it wrong.  I have seen videos of people that could not even point to the state they live in, that bad.  I do not think this is taught as well as it should be in high school or primary school.  I know going through school I was not taught much about geography, it was just something I picked up being a fan of history.  Please, bring this lesson back into schools because I want to ask someone where the country of Tibet is located and I would like them to be close at least. 

So, President Trump, who everyone thinks hates women has just nominated a woman to head the CIA, this would be a first for the agency that was founded in 1948.  She did have thoughts about rescinding her nomination over questions about her role in the CIA's interrogation tactics.  For some reason those people on the left seem to think that waterboarding is torture, what happens to you in a Syrian prison is torture, waterboarding is only there to make you think you are drowning when you actually are not.  What you have to do in that situation is shut off the response in your mind where you think something is happening and try to remind yourself that you are not drowning.  Waterboarding, I have always thought, was a stupid made up word, just my opinion on that.  Ask people what happened to them that were in some of these bad prisons in countries like Iraq, Yemen, Syria and they will gladly tell you what torture is.  I, for one, think we should allow this woman to be head of the CIA, I think she will do a good job.  The article I read for this blog entry is mostly biased against Gina Haspel so I will not include it.  But if you would like to learn more about a woman who has spent her life defending this country for 33 years, check her out.

Well, that is it for me tonight.  I really hope all of you have a wonderful day or night, take care!


















Comments

Popular Posts