Resting Day, School Shooting, Fake Elections, Getting Ripped Off

Hey everyone, I hope you all are great today.  So my day has been pretty relaxing, I did not drive for Uber today and really did not do much at all.  This morning it was raining here pretty good, I think they said we got a little under a half inch.  We definitely need the rain here, it has been pretty dry, a lot of the ponds or little creeks around town are really low.  I'm just glad we did not get any crazy weather, like hail or tornadoes.  I know some places got some hail that was pretty good size, feel sorry for them.  So, let me get into it.

First off, I want to address the terrible school shooting that happened down in Texas.  The kid that did the shooting did not turn the gun on himself or try to get into a shootout with police and instead turned himself in.  From what little I have heard about it, read about it or was told, this may have been due to bullying.  I had also heard that about a week before this a female student had embarrassed him in front of the whole class.  Such a horrible thing to happen right around graduation, this is supposed to be a happy time to start their lives going to college or getting a job in the real world.  My heart goes out to those down there. 

I like it when other countries have free and peaceful elections but Venezuela just had an "election" to chose who would be the next "president".  Many people are upset about this "election", I will continue to use quotation marks around elections when referring to those in corrupt countries, Venezuela has turned into the Hunger Games or something much worse since it is real.  People are not going into work because it costs more to take a bus to work than what the people will make at said job.  People are looting what stores are left, this country is going down the drain really quick.  I do not think Venezuela will be an actual country for much longer, I am putting it at 6 years, so 2024.  Here is an article on that if you want to read anything about it; http://www.bbc.com/news/world-latin-america-44187838

So I have something I really want to discuss and go off on something.  I always get asked if I would like to give to different charities or causes.  I never give money to these charities, mostly because you do not really know where your money goes, even if the charity might put something up on their website to "show" where the money goes.  I don't believe those though because people lie all the time.  Those people that work for the charities have to get money from somewhere and that is probably from the money you gave to them.  They have raised hundreds of billions of dollars over the last 50 years or so and still have not come close to finding a cure for cancer, that is some of the biggest scams there is.  Then you have these people with no scruples that post up on Go Fund Me or other sites like it saying they have cancer and to please help out, there have been numerous scams on this front in the last few years.  That is why I never give money to any of them, I would rather do work for a charity than give money.  Also, if I see a homeless person, or someone acting like they are homeless, I will give them food but not money.  Lately, around here in Columbia, there have been all kinds of scams like this.  You have people standing out on street corners asking for change and they can make a lot of money from this.  I heard on the radio about a guy that stood out on the corner in KC and said he would make almost $600 a day, ripping people off.  I do not feel sorry for them because you don't really know who is really homeless and who isn't.  I do wave at them but that's it.

Well, that's enough for me tonight.  I really hope that all of you have a fantastic day or night, take care!





















Comments

Popular Posts