Forgot Last Night, Thanos and Population Control, Missouri Really Did Not Like Mormons For a Long Time

Yes, I am sorry about not writing last night, I have a pretty good reason.  My friend Kristan came over and by the time she left I was dead tired and was in bed before she probably got home.  So that is the reason why but I did have a few things to talk about so I thought I would write this morning about those topics.

First, I would like to talk about Thanos in Avengers: Infinity War and how he thought, or how he thought.  So if you have not seen the movie and do not want it to be spoiled, skip this paragraph.  Spoiler..............  There we go, you have been warned.  We find out in the movie, not right away, as to the reason why Thanos was gathering the stones.  The reason was this, he is from the moon Titan and Titan was basically getting to big for its own good so Thanos put forth a solution, to kill have the population of Titan in a lottery type system.  The moon was quickly running out of resources to feed the people.  Basically they did not take Thanos' idea to heart and his civilization was wiped out.  He thinks he sees this in the rest of the universe on every other planet or moon.  His end goal is to wipe out half of all life in the universe.  He explains this really well in a few different shots of the movie.  So Thanos is big on population control, just like some people on Earth are.  They think that thinning out the population would save planets, eventually saving more people than it would kill at first.  Thanos is the biggest nihilist in the universe but there was a man that talked about something similair in the real world, Thomas Robert Malthus.  Thomas talked about this subject and wrote a lot of works on this.  Malthus is an interesting person from history, he talked about these things in the late 1700's to early 1800's.  My thoughts on population control are not that extreme, there is enough arable land on the Earth to grow food in, of course conspiracy theorist claim that we have already passed the threshold on population and there is no going back.  I have now watched this great movie twice and plan to watch again this weekend with a friend that is jealous that I have seen it more than once.  Also, I would highly suggest reading about Malthus, he is very interesting.  I will link the Wikipedia page here, it is a good place to start doing some research on him; https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_Robert_Malthus

I will write a little about the history topic I wanted write last night.  Mormons and Missouri, we really did like Mormons early on.  I am not totally sure why we did not like them so much but we really did not like them but a lot comes from the Mormon War, which was fought for a few months in 1838.  Of course we won, kicking the Mormons from the state and passed a law that for 137 years, it was legal for a person that lived in Missouri could kill a Mormon, just for being a Mormon.  I will link the article about this subject so you can read how much we really did not like them.  One of the big tenants of Mormonism is that Independence, MO is the New Jerusalam and that is where the Garden of Eden.  Also, all Mormons are to come to the city of Independence when the rapture happens but some have said that any person in the area will be given access into heaven.  Now I am not a hugely religious person, as people that know me would say, but I say that we should let them practice unless it hurts others or themselves.  Here is that article; https://stlouis.cbslocal.com/2012/11/13/the-mormon-war-in-missouri/

Well, that is it for me this morning, I will be back later today.  I hope you all have a great day until tonight.  Take care!












Comments

Popular Posts