Early, Slow Day, Deadbeat Kids

Hey there everyone, hope your weekend is off to a good start.  My day was ok, it started out early enough, I woke up about 2:30 this morning so I am pretty tired today.  I did go to the airshow at the Columbia airport, it was fun but man was it hot out there.  Did not even get any Uber rides today and I was online for almost 2 hours, oh well.  Otherwise I did not do a whole lot today besides that.  Well, let me get into it, this might be a shorter post. 

Ok, I have to talk about this.  You may have heard about the 30 year old that will not move out of his parents home has now been ordered by a judge in the New York area to move out.  This was bad on quite a few levels, why was he 30 and still living at home with no job, why didn't he take a deal with his parents a few months ago to move out with being given more than $1,000.  These kids now a days just do not have things like work ethics or an important thing such as go get it done or get off your ass.  I am sure that if I tried something like this with my parents, who love me, but would not let things get to that point.  For one, I am sure my father would tell me that to live under this roof you need to have a job.  I have pretty much always had a job since I was 16, my first job was at 10 making $1.25 an hour, so that was not a problem for me.  Plus I liked work back then, the way I was raised was to be outside as much as possible, no matter the weather and a lot of times I would help dad with things around the house or go mow yards, which is something I think kids should do more of but there are some municipalities that have said that you cannot go door to door with a lawnmower until you are 18, I think that is stupid because that is doing things like pushing these kids onto social media or video games.  No I am not saying that those things are a problem but if not used correctly they can be harmful to the development of a child, even when they become a teen.  When I was a teenager, everyone went to downtown Macon and drove around the block and hung out in the back parking lot, a little while ago the police of Macon outlawed the kids from doing this and that just leaves kids with not as much to do and when they do not have as many activities to do, which can lead to some mental problems we are seeing in the younger generation, it can even lead to things such as school shootings.  Things need to change soon but I do not think the correct things will change. 

Well sorry but I am pretty tired everyone, I am off to bed.  I really hope ou all have a great day or night, take care!

Comments

Popular Posts