Sorry About Last Night, Britain WIns, Another Drop-out

Hey there all, sorry I didn't write last night but there is a reason for it, I hope all of you are doing great on this Friday!  I didn't write last night because I went to a Hallaween party and about 7:30 my stomach started feeling pretty bad, like I ate some bad chicken.  I did have some chicken tenders last night while up there and I think that had a lot to do with it.  When I got home I just got ready for bed and fell asleep pretty fast. So that was the reason why.  Today I did make it to the gym and had a really good chest workout and I need to keep up working on the chest.  I probably focus a little too much on my triceps and biceps, I should probably cut down on those two.  Went looking around for a good or a better blender.  I spoke to the dietician yesterday and she thinks that I would be better off by using the blender to blend-up some good fiber rich veggies and stuff.  I have a blender but it's not all that good.  While I do use it I can smell it burning a little but I bought this for $5 bucks at Goodwill.  You get what you pay for.  This one is nice because it has a spout at the bottom so it's easier to get stuff out without making a mess.  Well, time for me to get to it!

Alternate History Day!  The scenario I want to talk about today is about the War of 1812.  This was a war that didn't really have any winners or losers, it was just fought.  At this time Britain was embroiled in the Napoleonic Wars and was not able to send all their troops over to the American homeland since that was where most of the fighting was happening.  This was a war that Britain should have won by all respects, just that Napoleon was running around in Europe being a pain in the ass.  The best thing the Americans could do was sue for peace as soon as possible or otherwise this country could have been a province of Britain again.  Imagine that Britain had defeated Napoleon earlier and their great commander the Duke of Wellington was able to lead troops into battle against the Americans.  If he was able to come across the pond and lead his troops, that would have been really bad for the newly formed country.  Wellington was a brilliant military commander and may have made short work against us, even with generals such as Andrew Jackson.  Not just that Wellington could have come over but also Britain had a lot more troops they could call up to fight America.  I, for one, am glad that did not happen but this is just a timeline that could have happened among the millions of them. 

The democrats are down one more person in the race for president in 2020, Robert O'Rourke has now dropped out.  I refuse to use his fake Mexican name of Beto.  Of course he didn't just come out and say the real reason why he was dropping out, the real reason is because he cannot get enough people to support his suggested policies.  Also, he could not raise enough money.  One thing I always wondered about, when you give to a presidential candidate or someone running to get that candidacy what happens to your money?  For instance, if you donate $100 to someones race then that person drops out from the race, do you get that money back or do they keep it?  I could probably find this out by doing a quick Google search but it's something I've thought about, one of those dumb thoughts going through my head.  I have obviously never given to any political campagin and probably won't as I see it as throwing away money.  Well, here is an article about O'Rourke; https://www.nytimes.com/2019/11/01/us/politics/beto-orourke-drops-out.html

Well, that's all for me tonight.  I really do hope that all of you have a great weekend, go do something fun, you deserve it!








































Comments

Popular Posts