Alright Day, Boozy Elections, Stop Giving Out Free Money To Bad Nations

Hey there everyone, I hope your day is going great!  My day has been alright, didn't do much exciting today but it was fine.  I made it to the gym today and did a good back and shoulder workout.  I really need to work on my shoulders, they do seem weak a little from what I think they should be.  It was really cold here today, I think there was a high of 46 but to me it feels a lot less than that, I hate this time of year.  Wish the winter went by faster than it really does.  We have about 5 months until it starts warming up, wish it was sooner than that.  Well, I'm going to keep this short and sweet, I'm nodding off right here with my laptop up.  It's time to get to it!

History Day!  We are less than a year away from what some are calling the biggest presidential election in history of the United States.  I thought I'd write about our history of elections in this country.  Nowadays, we hardly need a reason to party and be merry with plenty of drink and this has pretty much always been the case for the American people, even when we were still a colony of Great Britain before the revolution.  There is a good story of George Washington, the first president, that when he was running for Virginia House of Burgesses in 1758 and he plied all the potential voters with plenty of alcohol.  He really knew how to get people on his side.  The partying continued for a long time after that and because there was usually free booze around it attracted a lot of people and that made voter turnout a lot better than it is now.  Maybe we should bring this practice back, might get more people involved in politics.  Just a thought.  Here is an article talking about this; https://www.history.com/news/colonial-america-election-day-parties

So this whole impeachment mess is because President Trump held up aid and then gave it over to Ukraine while President Obama didn't help Ukraine, that just doesn't make sense.  As I have said before, I am not a fan of this current president but I do think he is being attacked unfairly.  Back in 2014 when Russia was forcing it's way into Ukraine, President Obama was just sitting on the aid that was slotted to give to Ukraine and especially military aid they desperately wanted.  But now the current president is being brought up on impeachment charges because he gave aid to Ukraine?  It doesn't matter what else he said during any call with that nations head of state.  Now I have expressed my feelings on USAID, the money we give countries all around the world, I don't think we should be doing that and let those countries stand up for themselves.  Now we can sell military equipment to those countries but throwing good money after bad is not a sound strategy when your own nation is up to it's hairline in debt and there are people starving in your country.  Something does need to be done with this system.  If a country fails and we do not give them any aid it should be seen as survival of the fittest and that is letting the free market play out.  Giving away millions of our own money to these nations it is putting our country more into the red.  We should do something, write or call your local representative or senator and demand that things change.  We should not be helping these countries, many of whom do not like us anyway.  Here is an article on that; https://www.politifact.com/florida/statements/2019/oct/25/matt-gaetz/matt-gaetz-says-obama-permanently-stopped-military/

Well, that's all for me tonight guys.  I really do hope that all of you have a fantastic night or day, take care!






































Comments

Popular Posts