Good Day, Famous Triangle, Pot Decriminalized at Federal Level?

Hey there all, hope your day is going great, almost the weekend!  My day was alright, just really wet and sloppy here so my bones were hurting a whole lot today.  It always happens when it rains overnight and that next day it is overcast and still a lot of water in the air.  Also makes it hard for a lot of people to breathe.  But I did make it to the gym today and had a good upper body workout.  Didn't really try anything new today, maybe tomorrow.  I need to make up for some lost time because I have to go to the dentist on Monday and probably won't be making it to the gym.  So, guess I might as well go on and get to it!

Conspiracy Day!  Bermuda Triangle, that's what I will talk about today.  There have been theories going on about this triangle in the ocean for hundreds of years and they all seem pretty crazy but there are some theories that do hold up a little bit, at least to some.  I am not totally sure where I stand on the matter, I read a list from a few years ago that had 10 pretty ok reasons for the triangle.  One that I definintly do not prescribe to is aliens, just because those are still science fiction and not real but supernatural.  I also do not believe in the lost city of Atlantis, even when Plato first talked about this society he was using it as an example of what not to do, a metaphor.  Also, he didn't call it Atlantis, he called it Atlas.  But that's just semantics.  But here is that list from Listverse; https://listverse.com/2012/08/12/10-explanations-for-the-bermuda-triangle/

I heard something on the radio today that got me thinking.  Back when the United States wanted to ban alcohol in the country they had to pass a constitutional amendment to ban it, why didn't they have to do the same thing when they banned drugs such as marijuana?  This was on the Gary Nolan Show, it's a local radio show and I just thought it was a good question from him as to why marijuana was treated like that.  The answer from a guest whose name I didn't get was that certain things changed constitutional jurisprudence during the 1930's or the time of the New Deal.  Guess that makes sense but I think it's something that should be brought up again today at the Supreme Court and it looks like Congress is ready to make some moves on decriminalizing marijuana as there was a bill that just passed committee this week.  I think that marijuana should be totally legal and taxed, just like cigarettes and alcohol, alcohol is a much harsher drug than marijuana anyway.  If this bill passes then it would be up to the states to determine policy on marijuana, I think this is smart.  Here is an article talking about the act that was just passed by committee in the House; https://www.cbsnews.com/news/more-act-bill-that-would-federally-decriminalize-marijuana-passes-house-committee-today-2019-11-20/

Well, that's all for me tonight.  I really do hope that all of you have a great night or day, take care!





























Comments

Popular Posts