Fine Day, Cover Up, Stupid People, Different PSA

Hey there all, I hope your day is going great!  My day has been alright, I made it to the gym earlier than normal and had a good workout since there were not as many people there.  Not as many distractions there for me so it was good.  I made it there at 8 am and stayed for an hour, I mostly worked on my biceps but also did a few other things.  I learned a new way to do concentration curls by holding the dumbbell different to focus more on a certain part of the bicep.  Then I watched the boys for awhile, only a few hours really but I thought it would be longer.  Didn't really have any problem there.  So, time to get to it!

History Day!  I think it was last week that I mentioned something about China reporting a smaller scale plague outbreak.  I'm going to talk about when the black plague came to American shores at the turn of the 20th century.  The first plague case in America was in 1900 from ships coming over from China, which seems to be where a lot of bad diseases come from.  The plague first hit over in San Francisco, which is pretty dirty nowadays so I guess that makes sense.  It hit the Chinese community in Chinatown really hard and since they were already discriminated against they tried to downplay how bad they plague was affecting them.  California tried to cover it all up of course because they thought it would hurt the state economically.  If they had been more forthright with information and how to fix the problem then it may not have lasted for around 8 years.  That was something they were good at back then was keeping things quiet.  Now today that would never have happened, not with all the social media we have now and everyone has a camera phone, even the homeless guy downtown has a cell phone.  So, there is the story of the first plague outbreak in America, here is an article on that; https://www.history.com/news/first-plague-outbreak-united-states-california

This is another case of idiots spouting off at the mouth about things they just are not sure about, I am talking about Elizabeth Banks and her new Charlies Angels movie.  She is saying that it failed at the box office because of men, it only made $8.7 million.  There are a lot of people talking about these comments on Twitter or other places and Banks has to realize something also, women are not going to see this movie because it doesn't look good.  I didn't go watch it and don't plan to just because I didn't think it looked very good, not cause I don't want to watch a female led action movie.  In her comments she says that Wonder Woman and Captain Marvel don't count because they are from a male dominated medium of comics.  Such horseshit.  There are plenty of other female led action movies that did well and I'll name a few of them.  Alien, Kill Bill, The New Star Wars movies, Rogue One and Terminator 2.  So her stuff doesn't really hold up, just be quiet.  Here is that article; https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/elizabeth-banks-faces-backlash-saying-210549550.html

Meth is a serious problem here in the midwest but South Dakota just came out with a PSA that is a little strange.  It says, "Meth, I'm on it".  When I first read this I thought it was a joke but it is actually real.  If this helps in any way then good but I don't think it will.  Meth is becoming much worse since prices have come down and purity has gone up in recent years.  I don't know how much it is, I've never done that stuff but from what I have read it is getting lower and is easy to get ahold of.  Something needs to be done about that drug, maybe this will help some.  Here is an article on this; https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/meth-psa-ad-south-dakota-224537287.html

Well, that's all for me tonight.  I really hope that all of you have a great night or day, take care!













































Comments

Popular Posts