Bad Start But Good Day, Bad Italy, Stupid People, Forgotten Cities, Woman Saves the Day

Hey there all, hope your Tuesday is going great!  My day went alright, didn't start out great but that's ok cause it got better.  I forgot that I had an appointment with a dentist at 9:15 and just remembered it about 30 minutes before hand so I had to hurry.  But when I got there I asked after seeing the financial agreement paper if I had to make my payment right then at time of service.  She said yes and I told her I couldn't do it, I had thought they would bill me that way I could make payments but that wasn't the case.  So I left that and decided to go workout and I had a good one at the gym.  Not too many distractions at the gym since I went a little earlier than normal, I got there about 9:30 and left about 45 minutes later.  I really didn't have any direction on what I was doing for my workout today and just went with the flow of everything, it felt good.  Got my mind off that dentist anyway, now I just need to call around to a few other places.   I knew Popeyes opened at 10:30 and wanted to hit them up right when they opened to try that sandwich but there were already cars there before they were open, about 8 cars or so, I decided to wait on it.  Then I didn't do much else, came home and did some writing and now I am here.  I'm going to bed a little earlier tonight to see if I can wake up a little earlier tomorrow.  I've been getting up anywhere from 8 to 8:30 and want to start waking up before that.  So I guess we will see how it goes.  Now, let me get to it!

History Day!  So why were the Italians not as effective in WWII?  That's the question I will attempt to answer today.  So going back to WWI, Italy was on the side of the Allies and was very good, they entered the war a little later but before the Americans came in.  But when it comes to WWII era they were not so good, this may be because Italy turned Fascist and now had Benito Mussolini leading them.  Mussolini did fight some in WWI but was against how Italy was being governed at the time and decided to overthrow the monarchy to install Fascism.  It started with when Italy tried to overtake Abysinnia (modern day Ethopia) and that was a failure even though Italy did eventually win.  This was referred to as the Second Italo-Ethiopian War, the first war didn't go in Italy's favor either.  But they eventually did take over Ethiopia but didn't hold it for very long as their defeat in Europe came about quickly.  Another mess-up of Italy was their invasion of Greece where Germany had to come and bail them out.  At that point was when I think Hitler thought to his "friendship" with Mussolini who he regarded as a stupid little brother.  So why were they bad?  I think a lot comes from the lack of leadership, military or political.  Mussolini tried to oversee everything during the war and that was probably not smart.  Before overthrowing the government of Italy, besides fighting in WWI he was also a newspaper writer against the government.  So I think a huge amount of the blame for Italy being inept during WWII was because of Mussolini.  Also, I think Ethiopia should go back to the name Abysinnia, I think it sounds more badass.  Facebook wouldn't let me add the link I orginally had for this story so I found a good video from my favorite history guy on Youtube, The Armchair Historian; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kcx8pztu_Y

I don't really do Twitter much, I like to go on there and see what some people are saying but I mostly ignore it.  I just ran across something really stupid I thought I would share, it has me pretty upset.  There is this stupid guy on Instagram, why do we hold these idiots in high regard, that said that teaching kids about WWII is bad for their mental health.  How stupid is that.  Why is it bad for a persons mental health to learn about anything?  Thank God this person isn't a teacher or anything, no telling what he would try to "teach" the kids out there.  Probably that drag racing, not the fun kind with cars, is good.  In the article I have to link here he does say something true, "When I left school, it hit me like a tonne of bricks, because I didn't know anything in general life".  To me it sounds like he doesn't know much about anything.  Basically, this guy is a complete idiot.  Here is that article; https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/world/2019/11/social-media-influencer-freddie-bentley-under-fire-for-saying-learning-about-world-war-ii-bad-for-mental-health.html

Something very interesting I had just looked up, I am sure most of you know who Henry Ford was and the influence he had in the world.  In the late 1920's he needed to secure a new area to be able to get latex rubber from for the tires of his automobiles and he found it in Brazil in the middle of the rain forest of the Amazon.  He even decided to build a city there, which in hindsight was not a great idea, but at the time the people of the area and of Brazil liked this.  That excitement died down fairly quickly though.  In the early days there was a lot of trouble and some might attribute it to Ford wanting it to be alcohol free but that didn't go over so well, especially with the locals that lived in Fordlandia, which is the name of the city.  It mostly died out after WWII when Henry Ford II sold off some of the assets of the Ford company and this seemed like just a pipe dream for a man that was so influential in the world.  Now I'm not saying that Henry Ford didn't have some drawbacks to his character but there were a lot of areas where he was very important.  Anyway, here is an article on Fordlandia; theguardian.com/cities/2016/aug/19/lost-cities-10-fordlandia-failure-henry-ford-amazon

I love law abiding, gun toting, courageous women and here is a story about one down in Florida that was 8 months pregnant at the time.  On October 30th two men broke into a home about 25 miles from Tampa and demanded money and threatened the homeowner.  When he didn't move fast enough for them they pistol whipped him for his trouble.  His 11 year old daughter was also in the house at the time.  The wife was in the back room and opened the door to see what was going on and that was when one of the men opened fire on her.  She returned fire with what was described as an AR style assault weapon.  Thank God for the quick thinking of the wife to grab that gun and return fire.  There is no telling what the people would have done, this brave woman was protecting her family and thankfully she was able to do that.  She fired and killed one of them while the other was a coward and fled in a vehicle they came with.  These are the good gun stories you don't hear enough about but they do happen in this country, it seems to be the only gun stories the media wants to talk about is when a white person shoots a black person because they want to make it a story on racism.  First, look up the definition of racism and racist before doing a story on that, that's probably why CNN and MSNBC are losing viewers like crazy right now.  Anyway, here is that article; https://www.yahoo.com/gma/wife-defending-husband-daughter-kills-home-intruder-assault-180800855--abc-news-topstories.html

Well, that's all for me tonight.  I really hope that you all have a great day or night, take care!








































Comments

Popular Posts