Painful Day, College Coaches Too Much Money, Emergency Nurses Day

Hi there everyone, I hope you all are just great.  Well, my day has not been a lot of fun, have had a massive amount of pain today.  A lot of it is little pains, like the pain I have right now while writing this in my right thumb next to my thumbnail.  Not sure why it hurts, there is nothing there to indicate anything out of the ordinary, not a red spot or anything, it just hurts any time I use that thumb to press a key on the keyboard.  I do have a good cut on my right index finger as well that is causing a little bit of pain, plus I have some pain in my fingers where I have dry skin that is cracking and as it peels it really hurts.  My pain level today is at a 9.8 but has gone higher than a 10 at times.  So all in all it has been an alright but painful day.  I did not get up until about 8 this morning, felt really good when I woke up.

One thing I would like to talk about is something that has been wearing on my mind for quit some time, college sports and money.  The biggest issue I have with college sports and money has to do with how much college football or basketball coaches get paid.  I know that college football or college basketball can bring in huge amounts of money for their colleges.  What gets me is that these coaches, who have worked the way up and proven themselves able to do the job, get paid absonant amounts of money a year and the colleges I am talking about are state run or colleges that rely on state money to survive.  Such as the University of Missouri, my alma mater.  40 state in America pay the football or basketball coach more than they do any other public employee and I do not like how this system works.  I am not blaming the coaches for this, get your money, I blame the states or the colleges and I think it needs to change.  Now this may be the only time I say that the state of New York got it right, or at least better, because the highest paid public employee there is Medical School Department Chair instead of a coach.  The highest paid public employee in Missouri is our football coach, Barry Odom, at $2.35 million.  The highest paid coach in college football is either Nick Saban or Jim Harbaugh at just over $7 million, depending on which source you use but it is agreed that these two are the highest paid.  I do not like this system and think it really needs to change, I do not think a penny of taxpayer money should go to these people and the only way they get paid is through their respective revenue that their sports generate.  Here is a cool article and infographic that explains this a little better; https://deadspin.com/infographic-is-your-states-highest-paid-employee-a-co-489635228.  Maybe then our states can start operating in the black besides the red all the time.

Tomorrow is a very important day to celebrate, it is Emergency Nurses Day!  Personally I know that without the hard work and dedication of emergency nurses I would not be here to write this today or anytime really.  So if you know someone that is an Emergency Nurse, please stop for a minute and thank them for everything they do.  They are great people, cannot say this enough!

Well, that is all I have for tonight.  I hope everyone has a great day or night, take care!
















Comments

Popular Posts