Not As Painful Day, Venison at Arby's, Black Panther, Stars Collide

Hello all, I really hope you are great today.  I am doing good, my tooth pain keeps going in and out but overall I think it is starting to go away.  Like I have mentioned before, Orajel is great for tooth pain and the type I find works best is the mouth sore gel variety of Orajel.  Sometimes the pain gets so bad that I cannot think of anything else and need to get that Orajel on there because anything you take orally takes time for the bio availability to kick in.  Normally it takes anywhere from 15 to 30 minutes for some oral meds to kick in.  Some pills can take longer, a trick that might not be very safe is with oxycodone to let it dissolve in your mouth, I put it under my tongue sometimes, to get it to kick in a little early.  That is something I do not suggest or condone.  I would put my pain level today at an 8 but sometimes reaching a 10.

Just seen some exciting news, Arby's is going to have a venison sandwich on October 21st!  If you are a fan of deer meat and are near an Arby's restaurant then pick one up.  I am a fan of venison, it tastes pretty good but I am not sure how it would taste done by a fast food place.  A while back I had a bad time with venison, it was venison jerky though and it was another time I almost died.  Ok, story starts at Christmas dinner in 2010.  My cousin is a big deer hunter and has his own processing equipment so he does not have to take his kills anywhere and can do it all at home.  During Christmas he handed out freezer bags of venison jerky to everyone.  At the time I was at college at the University of Missouri living in Columbia.  A few days later I was home at my apartment and was playing my favorite computer game, Civilazation IV.  Most all of my friends where gone for Christmas break and it was too nasty for me to get out so I was staying in playing the game and just started eating the jerky.  I was so in to the game and was not paying attention and before I knew it I could hardly move and had a really bad feeling in my stomach.  I thought I really needed to get to the ER but was not able to drive so I called 911 to come and get me.  By the time the EMT's got there they said that if I waited even 10 minutes then I might not of made it.  I guess all my vitals were really bad but they did not tell me what they were.  Bottom line, I spent 4 days in the hospital and was severely dehydrated because of eating all that venison jerky.  The reason why I had such a problem with it is because of the sodium content.  I noticed the sodium but the jerky was really good, I should have known better.  Because of that episode I stay away from jerky, especially venison.  I found this article on a wonderful website called foodbeast.com, here is the link; https://www.foodbeast.com/news/arbys-venison-oct-2017/

A new trailer dropped earlier today for Black Panther.  For those who do not know, Black Panther is a Marvel Cinematic Universe movie.  I really liked the music for the trailer, fits very well.  Very good trailer, check it out; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjDjIWPwcPU

Also, on the science front, there was a collision that was witnessed by scientist the world over that is very exciting.  Not being a scientist or someone who knows a lot about physics, I found this happening to be pretty cool.  It was the collision of two dead neutron stars that produced some elements that are in use for everyday items.  The elements produced were, but not limited to, gold, platinum and uranium.  I liked the video that comes with the article and everyone talking seems to be very excited about this, which in turn makes me excited at what this could mean for humans.  Here is the link; https://www.yahoo.com/news/scientists-witness-huge-cosmic-crash-origins-gold-140024492.html

Well, that is all I have for tonight.  I hope you enjoy this and I will be back tomorrow, take care everyone!





















Comments

Popular Posts