Writing Blocks, Reparations, Legalize It, Aid Packages

Hello all, I hope the end of your week is going great!  So my day went well today, didn't do anything big, just survived and sometimes that's a lot.  So, a little update on my writing; I have hit a little roadblock on my progress so far but those times are to be expected.  On my autobiography I cannot seem to figure out how to fill it up to round out the size of the book.  Right now I am at around 14,000 words and am about 3/4 of the way done or so and if I continue at the rate I am presently going then I will maybe reach just 20,000 words or there about.  I think I need to get a good editor to look it over to see where I can add or if there is something I should maybe take away.  I really want to make the book more like a conversation between two people than a book just about facts.  It seems that is a lot harder to do than I had thought at first.  I am going to see if I can find a good local editor, maybe a college student, that can look things over and see what I need to do going forward.  I will look into that next week.  Now, as it pertains to my smaller book on alternate history, I seem to have stopped at another roadblock but I think this one will be easier to get through.  Viking politics are a tough thing to try to write about, especially since I am writing in an era where the Vikings are no longer active, at least not in our timeline.  I am getting there, not as much as a problem.  So anyway, let me go on and get to it!

There is a new topic that some democrats are taking up, reparations to black people for slavery.  Now I might lose a few of you and I am sorry for that but I am going to give my views on this sensitive topic and if you want to write to debate with me on this matter than that is fine and I will get back to you when I can.  Ok, I do not think we owe reparations to anyone, white, black, Chinese or whatever for any past transgressions such as slavery.  This boils down to just a free meal ticket basically and I do not like it.  Here is a slight history lesson on how slavery to the Americas started, I won'tbe able to cover everything as there is just too much.  Europeans in the 15th and 16th centruries had traveled to Africa to trade and found out that they could trade for slaves, which is something that has been going on for hundreds of years between nations.    The Europeans also figured out that those slaves from Africa were good workers when doing different crops in the New World.  So this in turn created the Atlantic Triangle between Europe, Africa and the Americas.  These people were sold off by their own to the Europeans.  Before the Europeans had arrived and started dealing in slaves, they were sold to the Arabs through places such as Zanzibar on the east coast of Africa.  So if people are saying that the white people of America should pay reparations then the Arabs should also pay, along with the warlords of Africa that sold their own off all those years ago.  Plus, slavery still goes on to this day in certain places in the world, a lot of them are in Africa as well.  Also, I have never owned a slave in my life so why should I have to pay anything, my parents never owned anyone, same as my grandparents and so on that I know of.  Owning a slave back then was an expensive thing and not everyone could afford to have slaves.  Also, there were black people that owned slaves, are we going to make them pay anything?  I know a lot of black people and none of them have ever been slaves and there parents had not been slaves.  So how do we pay for something like this?  I mean, their proposed Medicare-for-all plan is going to bankrupt this country, not adding in that stupid green new deal.  All of that would run us around half a quadrillion dollars a year, quadrillion is what is after a trillion.  Think about it, right now our budget runs a little over $4 trillion so you are speaking of going up a whole lot, we cannot even come close to that.  So in all, I think this is pointless and should not even be brought up.  Here is an article about this so you can decide what you want to think; https://www.npr.org/2019/03/01/698916063/2020-democrats-wrestle-with-a-big-question-what-are-reparations


Here is something I thought should have been legalized and regulated a long time ago, I think the money it generates would do great for out national debt, among other things.  There are many countries that have legalized prostitution and it works really good there, why can we not follow that and tax the crap out of it.  It would hopefully get rid of a lot of the sex trafficking, if if was legal it would not get rid of all sex trafficking but it would shut a lot of it off.  We can screen people better and just like we do with cigarettes and alcohol we can tax the shit out of it to generate money for the federal coffers.  I know that I am far beyond the best person to figure this out, how to regulate this, but I am sure there are others that could do it.  Make it to where the workers are safe, checked by medical professionals at certain points and make sure the people paying for the service are clean and did not transmit or catch anything.  Just a free thought from me after seeing this article; https://www.nydailynews.com/opinion/ny-oped-decriminalize-sex-work-hell-no-20190228-story.html

Here is something I would like to rant a little about, don't have an article to back anything up but you are welcome to debate me further if you feel so inclined.  This is something I think we need to totally either revamp or get rid of, basically giving money away to other countries in the form of aid packages.  This is where I think we as a country waste the most money, mostly because a lot of the countries we give aid to do not like us very well.  Recently, with all the problems going on down in Venezuela, America tried to send aid over in the form of foodstuffs and other supplies but the idiot leader there Maduro turned it down and will not let it enter the country.  That is one country I think we should just wipe off of getting any aid from us, plus what have they done for us lately?  One of the countries that gets the most aid from America is Afghanistan.  Now we have been in that country going on 20 years and we spend about $4 billion there a year, what do we have to show for that except for a bunch of dead or mangled service men or women.  I am not saying that I think the United States of America should become isolationist but I do think we need to worry more about problems we have here before we try to help people all across the world.  I am tired of being the worlds police, that is what the United Nations was set up for but they are a laughing stock.  Another country that gets a lot of aid from us is Israel, now Israel is a big boy and can take care of itself.  I mean they did once defeat 6 countries in like a week at one point so I don't think they need all the money we send them.  Write to you representative and tell them we need to really take a long hard look at how we spend out aid money and if we should do it at all.  That's what I do.

Well, that is it for me tonight.  I hope all of you have a great day or night, take care!





































Comments

Popular Posts