Pressure Sores, Marvel Trolls, Old/New Medicine, Robert Kelly Interview

Hello all, I hope your day is going great!  I'll start with this, tomorrow I am going to go watch the premiere of Captain Marvel and will add a review after I get out of the movie.  That is if I can go watch the movie.  This all started while I was in the hospital recently, I have two pressure sores, one on my backside and another in the middle of my back.  I spoke to my primary docs nurse today and she set up an appointment for tomorrow but said if I start getting a fever then I should go straight to the ER.  So far my temp is not above normal but I still haven't totally thawed out from being outside.  It was at least above freezing for a little while today but it was still cold, that wind just cuts right through you.  I wish spring would hurry up but they say it could snow this weekend, God I hope they are wrong about that.  Alright, let me go on and get to it!

Marvel Day! Two things I will talk about today as it pertains to Marvel.  The first is there was a rumor that came out a few days ago saying that Disney was going to shut down Marvel Comics and I cannot believe so many people went for it.  If not for the comics then where do you draw stories from for the movies?  Within less than a day the truth came out and Marvel is still going to publish comic books.  The second thing I'd like to speak on is about Captain Marvel getting some negative reviews and I really don't like people putting it down just because they are either a DC fan or don't want to see a movie with a strong female lead.  Whatever the case, these people need to grow up.  Marvel has not released a bad movie yet and this one looks really good so far, can't wait to see it.

There is a new/old med that is coming to market, it is something that has been around for a long time but now it is being used to treat depression.  Ketamine is going to come out soon to help treat depression, it has been used for many years in hospitals as a pain reliever and anesthetic.  You may have heard of this drug by it's street name, Special K.  It can cause hallucinations or a dream like state in people that use it.  This new form of Ketamine has not been approved by the FDA so it is going to cost you a lot out of pocket, anywhere from $2,300 to $3,600.  That is pretty pricey, hopefully it will be approved soon so that way our insurance can pick up most of the cost.  Now, I spoke with my pain doc today and he actually wants me to try the old Ketamine for pain relief.  It is easily applied as a nasal mist up your nose and is always done in a controlled clinic setting as they don't want this stuff getting out.  I mean it is already out on the streets but that is not pure Ketamine and is just some stuff someone made up.  Here is an article so you can read more about it; https://www.webmd.com/g00/depression/features/what-does-ketamine-do-your-brain?i10c.ua=1&i10c.encReferrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZ29vZ2xlLmNvbS8%3d&i10c.dv=16

So, have you been following this R.Kelly saga?  Well he recently gave a crazy interview with Gayle King of CBS where he really went off.  The charges against him are very damning and from his past they sort of sound true.  I don't want anyone to think that I believe he is guilty, I am too far away from this case to call that but it doesn't look real good for him.  I seen some of the interview where he jumped up out out of his chair and started flailing his arms everywhere, it wasn't a good look of him standing over a woman, even though she said she did not feel threatened.  But here, I will add this so you can make up your own minds; https://www.cbsnews.com/news/r-kelly-denies-sexual-abuse-allegations-in-explosive-interview-2019-03-05/

Well that is it for me tonight.  I hope all of you have a great day or night, take care!





























Comments

Popular Posts