Back to the Gym, Madagascar Plan, Tickets On Sale Soon, No More HIV?, Bad Way to Go

Hello everyone, I hope you are great!  My day has been pretty good, I finally made it to the gym today.  Wore myself out early but that is to be expected since it has been a little while since I was there.  Felt good and I am going to work on going at least 4 days a week or more.  As you all know I was in the hospital for 8 days and got out last Tuesday.  During that time I did not shave my face and still haven't.  I grow hair on my face a little patchy and I normally am clean shaven but I thought I would try something a little different.  The only other time my facial hair grew out was while I was on a vent and paralyzed, they would not allow anyone to shave me during that time and finally got my hair cut off when I went to Rusk Rehab.  It feels strange to me so I will probably shave it off soon, plus I have some gray showing.  So, let me go on and get into it!

History Day!  So I am going to talk about a proposed plan that almost went into effect and I argue that if it did then Nazi Germany would have done better during WWII.  It is called the Madagascar Plan.  This was a proposed plan to send German and Polish Jews to live in Madagascar and I think this would have freed up some manpower for the Germans against the Allies.  If in that timeline the Third Reich did not invade the Soviet Union then they may have been a much stronger opponent because they would not have to have people watching over the concentration camps.  I am not saying that I wish this happened at all, I am glad the combined Allies were able to defeat the German Nazi war machine.  It was said that ever Hitler liked this plan and was a little enthusiastic about it.  The plan was shelved in 1942 once Germany came up with the final solution.  One of the biggest reasons why this never came to pass was that Britain, who controlled the oceans, was blockading the Nazis so they could not get supplies or get out of their home bases.  Also, when this plan was first brought up, Madagascar was controlled by France and at that time France had not yet fallen.  A little later British forces invaded the small island and retook it for the Allies and beat back Vichy France.  Here is a good article about the Plan; https://www.pri.org/stories/2016-01-29/nazi-plan-relocate-jews-madagascar-one-world-war-iis-forgotten-what-ifs

This is some news I had heard earlier about when tickets for Avengers: Endgame are going on sale.  It is rumored that they will go on sale on April 2nd.  I can understand why they didn't want to start selling the tickets too early because that would take away from Captain Marvel.  If I get some new information on this I will update it here.

Now this is some big news, the second person ever cured of HIV is in England.  Ok, there is a lot here so I am not going to talk about it as much as I will add the article so you can see what happened for this patient.  Here it is; https://news.yahoo.com/london-patient-second-case-ever-hiv-remission-044208642.html

Now this has to be one of the worst ways to go, an elephant carer in India was crushed to death by the animal.  One thing I have to say is, he should not have been whipping the elephant so hard to try and get it to sit.  The article I will add has a few videos of the incident, check them out at your own peril.  Here is that article, https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/8561542/man-40-is-killed-by-elephant-after-he-beat-the-huge-animal-with-a-stick-during-wash/

Well, that is it for me tonight.  I hope all of you have a great night or day, take care!




































Comments

Popular Posts