Good Day, Box Office Dominance, More Important Things, College Cheat, War in Yemen

Hey all, I hope the middle of the week is treating you well today!  My day was good, went to see the LPN at my docs office to look at that spot on my butt and it is healing up nicely.  One thing that helps me is that the location of the spot is not one that I put pressure on while I am sitting in my chair, just when I am in a position where I am lying down.  Now, remember how not too long ago I was having some trouble sleeping, I was waking up around 2 am and only getting about 4 to 5 hours of sleep?  Now I am sleeping till after 8 am and getting about 9 and a half hours of sleep or more a night, very strange but then again I am very different.  Have not even been taking anything to sleep the last few nights, just falling asleep more naturally.  I had recently bought tea that is supposed to help you sleep better but not even sure I need that right now.  Then I will just have to learn to make tea with tea bags, sure it isn't too hard, I don't really want to boil water but I will if I have to.  This might not be a real long post tonight because my body is hurting a lot and I really just want to go lay down in bed to relieve my muscles, which is strange since I did not go to the gym today or yesterday.  So, I guess I will go on and get to it!

Marvel Day!  So the big news out of Marvel at this time is of course Captain Marvel and that movie has made a killing at the worldwide box office so far, at least the opening weekend.  The domestic total, as of yesterday on March 12th is $179,061,315.  That is really good and according to the site boxofficemojo.com Captain Marvel had the 18th best opening weekend, while Infinity War was number 1 with $257,698,183.  Now I expect Endgame to break even more records, I think it will break the record of opening weekend of Infinity War and might even come close to breaking $300 million opening weekend.  5 of the top 10 all belong to the MCU.  I don't believe that this movie will break the billion dollar barrier but it will probably come fairly close, I see this movie making $800 to $900 million or so.  It could break that limit but I don't think it will.  There have actually been more movies than you think that have broken that billion dollar barrier, which is so coveted.  I wasn't aware that there were this many movies on the list, 37 have hit over $1 billion at the box office.  The oldest movie to hit that milestone is Jurassic Park in 1993.  I did go see that movie in theaters but not the opening, I was a nerd back then but had a smaller wallet size.  Number 1 is still Avatar with $2,788, that is 2 billion, 788 million and it doesn't keep going.  I think there is a chance that Endgame could hit that mark and go over, could we see the first $3 billion movie?  I believe there is a chance.  The highest MCU movie on the list is Avengers:Infinity War at $2,048 and that is at number 4.  So, guess we will have to wait and see what happens.  Here is a link to boxofficemojo.com so you can look stuff up if you want; https://www.boxofficemojo.com/alltime/world/

I think that the Congress, mostly the House, need to move onto more important things and start doing the work that they were elected for, the American people.  All this talk about impeaching President Trump is not doing any good for the people of this country, and Nancy Pelosi said it best when she says that we should not worry about impeachment of the president.  I hate to agree with her on anything but this is something we have common ground on.  From everything that has come to light over the last 2+ years, there doesn't seem to be anything to impeach him on or everyone would be calling for his head.  Maybe he did some bad but I don't think he has done anything to hurt the office of the president, the people of America or any person in this country and it is something we should just drop.  If you think he should be out of office then run against him or support a person running against him in the election, otherwise lets get back to work.  Also, I have to say something about all these stupid charges that are being brought against people like Paul Manafort, I seen that one of the federal charges that is being brought up against him is lying on his mortgage paperwork.  C'mon, that is not a real charge to bring up on someone when you expected to get him to sell out President Trump, it is a crock and something should be done about basically making things up to get a man guilty just because he knows President Trump because all this is is a hit job and looks bad for the justice system of this country.  Just goes to show you that there are different types of the justice system in this country.  Just a horrible show.  Here is an article on this subject; https://www.yahoo.com/news/donald-trump-mocks-impeachment-says-114909797.html

Just going to say a little about this, don't know a whole lot about it.  This big college admissions cheating scandal, I am sure the media will come up with a catchy name soon.  Guess this has been going on for awhile and it is going to catch some big name people in it's net before it is all done, there are already a few bigger actresses that have been caught up in this and I am sure there will be more.  Of course the bigger names will not get in trouble, they will either bribe people or pay a small fine that won't really amount to anything.  That is usually how rich people get out of these sorts of things.  Not that I am rich or come from a rich family, you just figure this stuff out after awhile.  I think it is rich, no puns intended, that Elizabeth Warren is speaking out on this stuff, she is someone who tried to get ahead in college by faking her background, saying she was a Native American so she could get special treatment and maybe even get scholarships.  But that is a typical democrat for you.  So here is a good article on this scandal; https://www.npr.org/2019/03/13/702973336/does-it-matter-where-you-go-to-college-some-context-for-the-admissions-scandal

Now this is something I agree with the Senate over and against President Trump, that we should not be sending any aid of any kind in the war in Yemen.  Here is an article from the Hill that explains this pretty well; https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/433926-senate-breaks-with-trump-on-saudi-led-war-in-yemen

Well, that is it for me tonight.  I hope all of you have a great day or night, take care!









































Comments

Popular Posts