Good Day, Alternate History Talk, AOC Being Dumb, Kicked Out, Shutdown Over

Happy Friday everyone, hope your day is going great!  My day was good, didn't make it to the gym like I wanted though.  I was working today and didn't make it by there, maybe tomorrow.  I don't really understand it, around 2 pm I start feeling really tired but when I go lay down to take a nap I cannot fall asleep, I just lay there.  I even have my Alexa playing sleep sounds, that is probably my favorite thing about that Alexa.  What works best for me is distant thunderstorm, it works better than any of the others.  One nice one for this time of year is fireplace sounds, makes you feel a little warmer.  The temps are supposed to be really low for the next week or so but it looks like it could start getting a little warmer after that.  Well anyway, let me go on and get to it!

So I want to talk about an alternate history topic today, it might become a thing.  Anyway, there are all kinds of books and videos done about What if Germany Won WWII.  So many things would have to happen for this to actually happen that I think it is not doable as an alternate history topic, I think Germany winning WWI is more plausible.  I don't think there are hardly any ways for Germany to win WWII, for this to happen there would have been things that could not have happened.  The biggest is declaring war on Russia and America.  As a proud American I do like to think that WWII was only won because of American influence but really it was the Russians that defeated Germany, the battles in Russia had much higher body counts than any battle ever fought in history.  If Germany had focused on going west instead of east, at least at first, they may have had better luck.  But also their treaty with Japan had doomed them as well.  If Russia had gone after Japan a lot harder then Japan would have actually declared war on Russia and then Germany would have had to declare war on Russia also.  Another thing that may have helped Germany is if they had a stronger main ally instead of Italy, not meaning to demean Italy but they would not as strong as they wanted to be, mostly because of WWI.  Hitler was wanting to start war since he was getting up there in age and didn't want to leave the ruling of Germany to anyone else, even those in his inner circle.  Some of these alternate histories were Germany wins WWII are good to read, I just got done reading The Invasion of 1950, it deals with Germany invading Britain in 1950 after they had defeated Russia, this was possible because Stalin did not come to power and it was Beria instead, Beria was not as strong as Stalin so I could see Russia losing a war with Germany this way.  So German hegemony ruled from Spain all the way to eastern Russia but doesn't really talk much about how far south it extends.  Hitler was pals with the Arab rulers, at least that is how he acted, so I would think they would have conquered Arab countries.  The lone powers that held out against Hitler was Britain and the United States.  America did not enter the war because it was never attacked by the Japanese so Britain did not get help from her cousins to the west.  It shows Britain taking on and defeating Germany on it's own soil and it does push back after many early setbacks.  So this is a smaller WWII alternate history, dealing with really two countries that are the most important in the story.  Next week on Friday I will talk about other alternate history subjects and what I may be working on.

AOC, which is what I will use to refer to her craziness Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez.  She has now done something really crazy, voting no on a deal to open the government, going against every democrat in her party because she said, it just didn't feel right.  Basically she voted against opening up the government because it would have given money to ICE, she had promised to cut all funding to that organization.  She has a lot to learn to be in Congress.  So anyway, here is that article; https://www.salon.com/2019/01/24/alexandria-ocasio-cortez-was-the-only-house-democrat-who-voted-against-a-bill-to-end-the-shutdown/

I am a gym goer and this happens all the time but I never say anything about, mostly because it is a good thing.  This happened over in Germany and it is said that it was confusing the men, not sure why unless those men were already confused.  What happened was, a young woman was kicked out of her gym for wearing a top that was too revealing.  Is that a really bad thing?  If the woman feels like she looks good in that then what is the problem?  Some people need to grow up.  If that is the case then men need to stop working out without a shirt on.  Here is the article on it, decide for yourselves; https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/22-year-old-woman-kicked-gym-revealing-crop-top-distracted-men-142535974.html

So finally the government is finally getting back open but President Trump did not get his wall in the deal.  Which I think is not a bad thing, he will probably get the wall one way or another.  Something does need to be done about what is happening down south, I really never did think a wall would fix it but let's start with enforcing the immigration laws we already have on the books.  That would be a much better than trying to install something new, do what we already can.  Here is an article on that; https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/25/politics/congress-reopens-government-shutdown/index.html

Well, that is all for me tonight.  I really hope that all of you have a wonderful night or day, take care!































Comments

Popular Posts