ER Visit, History Stuff, Base Opening, Dumb Laws, Not a Great Thing

Hey there everybody, I hope you all are great!  Sorry I did not write last night, I meant to but I was in the ER for most of yesterday.  I had checked in yesterday a little before 12 and finally went back a little after 4, it was very busy at the ER yesterday.  We got some things figured out but not everything, I still need to do that scope that goes down my throat.  Also need to follow up with GI in a few weeks or when I can get in.  Otherwise things are going alright.  I'm ready to get into it, so here I go!

History Day!  So New Years Day has just passed and now lets look back at how it was celebrated before.  New Years has been celebrated for over 4,000 years by the ancient Sumerians but did not come into fashion of what we consider New Years after the Gregorian Calendar was popularized.  The reason for April Fool's Day is not to play pranks but to call people a fool who celebrated the first of the year, from the old calendar system, not on January 1st.  100 years ago it was a time to celebrate because of the end of WWI was just a little while ago but the bad thing is that the Spanish Flu was running rampant at this time.  New Years was not celebrated a whole lot differently than it is now, people drank way too much alcohol and kissed when the clock hit midnight.  The New Years ball in New York was first dropped in 1907, so that is getting old now, maybe time to change.

So I guess our old buddy Vlad is wanting to open the old Russian airbases that are located in Cuba, maybe sparking fears of the Cold War.  Those bases have been shut down since the Soviet Union crumbled in the early 90's.  I honestly don't really have a problem with this unless something comes to light for there to be an issue with it.  Maybe I am a little misguided on this but there isn't anything to fear from Russia at this moment.  America does not have to fear any nation, we are the lone superpower.  I don't think Putin is trying to start war or anything, I think they are just throwing ideas around.  Let me know what you think.

Washington, the state, has passed a law that no person under 21 can buy an "assault rifle".  First, this law is stupid in trying to define what is considered an assault weapon, a knife can be an assault weapon in the right hands, hell a fork could be also.  Second, this is not going to stop someone younger from getting a weapon if they really want it then all they have to do is go to the black market and can buy whatever they want.  All this was is a waste of time, paper and manpower.  Criminals do not follow the law.

I guess this is good news, in a way, depending on how you look at it.  Chicago, the murder hotspot of America, has seen a decrease in the amount of murders from the last two years.  In 2016 there was a record 762 homicides and this last year there were 557 murders, which is a better number but I do not think it is enough to celebrate.  It is like being first place in the worst person in the world contest.  Chicago still sucks.  Here is the article; https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/chicago-sees-decline-murders-other-violent-crimes-second-straight-year-n953456

Well, that is it for me tonight.  I really hope that all of you do have a good day or night, take care!
























Comments

Popular Posts