Lazy Day, Top 5 Presidents, Trump Visit, Mexico Getting High

Hey there everyone, I hope your Thursday is going great.  So I thought I would start writing earlier today since I took last night off.  So, here I am.  Since it is early I really have not done a whole lot, mostly did some research for my history blog but I think I am going to write about President Eisenhower and the things he did in his great life.  I happen to think this man has done the most of anyone else that has been or even wants to be president.  Now I do not think he is the best president that we have ever had but he is up there in the top 5.  Because of me mentioning that I should probably do a top 5 presidents, in my opinion and I will get to that as my first thing to talk about.  Well, weather wise it has been very overcast today and earlier it rained just a little bit.  The weather, of course, is hurting my legs quite a bit.  But I am actually in a better mood so it's a wash, really.  So let me go on and get to it!

So, here is my top 5 list of Presidents.
5.  Andrew Jackson
4.  Dwight D. Eisenhower
3.  Theodore Roosevelt
2.  George Washington
1.  Franklin D. Roosevelt
I will give short reasons why I have them listed where they are.  Start with 5, Andrew Jackson was the only President to ever pay off the American debt.  4. Because he was one of the biggest badasses in American history and the Supreme Commander of Allied Forces in Europe. 3. Here was another badass, he was a trust buster.  2. First President and turned down the mantle of King and helped start everything. 1. He helped the country get through the Great Depression and guided us through the second world war.

So President Trump was in town today, I did not even leave the apartment today for a few reasons.  The first was, I am sure the traffic was bad today because of his visit.  Uber rides were probably busy today but I stayed in mostly because my legs were not feeling the best because of the weather.  Nothing I can change there, so I just stayed in.  Didn't really want to go anywhere today anyway, not a whole lot before.  Plus I wasn't in a rush to see the man anyway.

It looks like America's neighbor to the south is about to pass legalization laws pertaining to marijuana and it looks to be coming soon.  Now that both of Americas' neighbors are maybe legalizing it, one already has, I don't think it will be too long for America to wake up and smell the smoke.  It will not be overnight of course, I think it will take around 5 years, maybe less than that.  Missouri has on the ballot this November three separate bills aimed at legalizing medical marijuana.  I believe it will pass but for my Missouri readers, you can only vote yes on one bill, not all three.  It looks like to me that the one to vote for is Amendment 3 but use your own judgement on that.  Hopefully this will open the door for full legalization.  Here is an article on the Mexico situation; https://www.vox.com/world/2018/11/1/18051592/mexico-marijuana-legalization-supreme-court

Well, that is it for me tonight.  I hope all of you have a great day or night, take care!






















Comments

Anonymous said…
While Steven I'm back trying to catch up a little bit at a time. I have to agree with you on your choose of top 5 Preidents,because you have studyed and done so much reading on history.I have yet to reas all the they we have to vote on Tuesday,would you write that website back to me so we can read it over? Thanks . Bye.

Popular Posts