Back for One Writing This Weekend, Let Them Live How They Want

Hey everyone, I know I said that I wasn't going to write any this weekend but plans changed and there is something I really wanted to talk about.  I hope you all had a good turkey day and got plenty to eat.  I am not doing great today, bowels are going crazy and just making me feel crappy today.  But that will not stop me from talking about what I want to talk about today.  So, here it goes!

A lot has been made about this kid that went to an island by India, that is remote but has been off limits for anyone, because he said that God told him to go there and convert the natives.  This kid was killed for going there by those said natives because they refuse to have any contact with the outside world.  First off, we should and must respect that they do not want to be contacted by the outside world.  Second, this idiot did not think about going over there as his modern diseases could have infected the tribe and caused genocide, think of what happened when Europeans started arriving in the "New World" where 80 percent of the native population was killed off from things such as smallpox or other diseases they have never been exposed to.  This has always been one of my biggest problems with Christianity, that the adherents of the religion know better than anyone else and will convert you even if you resist.  If someone is happy with their life or at least content without Jesus or God in them, what right do you have to tell them any different?  What makes you so sure of what you are preaching?  A book that was put together 1600 some years ago, that was also politically motivated.  I know that I will probably have people either leave here because of this or hate me because of what I said, but this is what I believe.  If any of you want to have a good conversation about this subject, please write me and we can open up dialogue.  So, in ending, I do not feel sorry at all for this young man, he could have caused something far worse by going to that island.  Let those natives or whatever you call them live in relative peace.  Here is an article on it; https://www.yahoo.com/news/indian-police-investigate-helped-young-american-killed-remote-094624963.html

Ok, that was all I wanted to talk about today.  I hope that you all have a great night or day, take care!

Comments

Popular Posts