Cold Again, WWI on History Blog, El Chapo Trial

Hey there, I hope you all are great today!  So my day, I do feel a little older today mostly because of the weather, I am sure I will feel a little better when the temp gets a little higher.  Not a fan of the cold anymore, I think I used to like it when I was younger but then again a lot of things in life changes with age.  Just the way it goes.  I did make it to the gym again today, pretty good workout.  I think my left shoulder is mostly healed up and I can do different moves that I wasn't able to do since I hurt it.  I like that.  So anyway, let me go on and get to it!

History Day!  Over on my history blog that I am currently writing, which is taking a little longer than I thought and that I am working on at the same time as this blog, is about WWI.  I thought it would be appropriate to talk about, what with last Sunday being 100 years since the armistice.  One of the things I am talking about is the lead up into the Great War, different factors that lead those countries to kill millions of people over the course of four years.  Of course, the biggest trigger for the war was the assassination of Archduke Franz Ferdinand of Austria-Hungary by a younger Bosnian-Serb terrorist.  The story of this murder is pretty amazing, I will not go all into but you can research this yourself as it is very informative.  There were many reasons for the war but nationalism was a big factor and the ever changing alliances of Europe.  One good thing, if you can call anything to do with WWI good, was that it brought two former blood enemies together in France and Britain.  Those two have fought so many battles over the centuries.  I should be done with the blog by tonight before I go to sleep so check tomorrow on lifeinachairblog.wordpress.com, if you would like to.

The trial of El Chapo is beginning and there is plenty of security surrounding everything because of who this man is.  For those that might not know, he is a leader of the Sinaloa Cartel, one of the bloodiest cartels in Mexico and that is a hard claim to make.  The cartel is considered by many to be the most powerful cartels in the world.  Now Chapo had been put in prisons in Mexico but then he owned a few of those prisons and escaped.  One thing that the defense is arguing that when he was in prison that drugs still flowed into the U.S., now I would say that this man was powerful enough to run his cartel while he was in prison because people are so afraid of him.  Here is the article so you can make up your own mind; https://www.cnn.com/2018/11/13/us/el-chapo-guzman-new-york-trial/index.html

Well, that is it for me tonight.  I really do hope that all of you have a wonderful night or day, take care!




















Comments

Popular Posts