Writing Day, Two-Fer of Bare Knuckle Boxing

Hey all, I am back and I am writing a little earlier than usual.  It is just after 10 am here but wanted to get some thoughts down first.  Even though I started the blog around 10 this morning but am now starting back on it at 7 pm, just had a busy day.  But otherwise the day was pretty good, I did some writing today and tried to learn how to publish an ebook, which is a smaller book, kind of like a short story.  That is what I am going to try to self publish, an ebook, and I am working on one now.  Most normally an ebook is around 20,000 words or up to about 100 pages.  I think it would be much easier to write an ebook or short story than it would be a novel, a novel is around 250,000 up to like 500,000 words.  Now I like novels but just not sure I am good enough to write a full novel since I am just starting out.  The subject matter of my first one will be an alternate history, what if the Vikings stayed in North America, which was called Vinland at that time.  So anyway, let me get into it.

So this will be a two parter, it is history day so I will talk about the history of the thing I am talking about in the second part.  Bare Knuckle Boxing, it is making a comeback and I want to talk a little about the history of this sport.  The first champion of the sport was an English man named James Figg who completed this feat in 1719, much older than a lot of sports.  Considering that baseball was not really a sport until the 1850's, football around the 1870's and basketball started out in the late 19th century but did not become an official sport for a little later in the 20th century.  Like boxing, which its history runs close to bare knuckle boxing, there were many world champions with different weight divisions.  Definitely something that should be checked out.

So, bare knuckle boxing is back and it seems to be a big crowd pleaser.  From what I know about the fight, it took place in Wyoming, guess they had to go to a state that didn't have a law for every little thing like california.  I am all for it, everyone knows the risks going into every fight so I do not see the big problem here.  Of course there are some that are saying that the country is slipping back into the early 20th or late 19th centuries, these people just want something to bitch about.  I do not think this will replace something like UFC or professional wrestling but I think this sport can co-exist with those others.  If they had a show here I would watch it, but probably not sit in the front row.

That is it for me tonight, my body is pretty wore out, probably from all the sun I got today.  I hope all of you have a great night or day, take care!




Comments

Popular Posts